Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hawaii - Part 1

Hello everyone! The long awaited Hawaii pictures are beginning to come to life! We have been having such a great Christmas and the rest of the week that we just haven't been able to get things done at home...more on that in coming posts. But first...Hawaii.
I have decided to start at the very beginning, since that's a very good place to start.

Since we had been to Hawaii before, we became John and Laura's tour guides, which was fine with us. It made us look smart. (Oh, does everyone know...Brent works with John and they are in our ward. Brent and John were in "class" together, so Laura and I got to come and play.) So, one of the first places we took John (since Laura didn't come until Wednesday) was the East side of the Island. We think that the coastline on this side is some of the prettiest there is!

So, the other day we were showing these pictures to Ryan and he said when he saw this one, "Can you see Thomas Jefferson too?" Sure enough, we can....can you?

I personally think it looks more like George Washington, but it is kind of weird, don't you think?


When we were there last year, someone got washed off this point because they were too close to the water. The take home message is that you should RESPECT THE OCEAN!! It is much stronger than you. No picture is worth it!!! I'll get off my soap box now.
I'm sitting here in my cold basement with my little heater meer inches away from me thinking about how nice it was to be able to wear flip-flops in the winter. 85 degrees and sunny isn't horrible when you're cold.
Tomorrow I may go crazy and just post all day and get this done. Then again, maybe I won't!
See ya!





1 comment:

Jess said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I really am in the mood to go to Hawaii now!!

I hope you posts lots more :) except that sucks if you only have a little space heater! Put on your scarf and hat and head down!

Glad you had a good relaxing Christmas too!!