Thursday, September 18, 2008

We're Here!

I can hardly believe it. We're finally here in sunny San Diego! This last month has just been packed with packing and getting stuff ready to come down here. I will admit, it was really hard to leave my house and plants - I am the Plant Lady after all - but I got over that and am now totally immersed in our fun adventure!

We drove for 18 hours to get here. I really wanted to have a car this time, but there were a few times in the middle of the Californian desert when I thought I was being stupid and we just should have flown! But we're here now and I'm glad to have my little car.


First of all - thank you so much to Roy and Angel and their cute kids for putting up with us for a night. We weren't going to bother them for a place to stay, but they talked us into it - mostly because I just did NOT want to get back into the car. Thank you guys! It was so much fun!


Now we're here in our little apartment remembering that there are people who actually smoke in their apartments. I got a nice Glade plug in so now our place smells more like apples and cinnamon than cigarettes. Woho!


We've been getting situated for the past couple of days. And I was reading that stupid Breaking Dawn book. I say stupid because I get so involved in these darn books that all I do is read. I was at least sitting by the pool yesterday while doing nothing but reading. (I have the sun burn stripe on my leg to prove it. I was under the pergola - is that how you spell it? - and I thought I was covered enough, but my knee tells you differently.)


We live in a great part of Mission Valley. We're right in the middle of a lot of shopping and close to freeways to get every where else. It's pretty cool. I'm thinking about going to the zoo tomorrow to get a season pass. I can't be this close to one of the world's premier zoos and not go a couple of hundred times.


Last night we decided that we needed to get out of the we-drove-18-hours-and-I'm-still-not-over-it stupor and find the beach. It was cloudy and the water was cold, so it felt like home. :)

I'm sure we'll have a couple more excuses to get this way again.

Tonight - REI. I mean, could we possibly be anywhere and not go to the REI?

6 comments:

Katie & Jared said...

I'm glad to hear you made it safely. I hope you have an awesome time in San Diego!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...you made it!!
I'd love to know what you think of Breaking Dawn.
Have so much fun in sunny Cali!!!

Jess said...

Hooray for REI. That is perfect! I'm so glad that you made it safe and sound. That would have been a long drive, but it will be nice to have a car.

I hope that you guys have tons of fun. I would love to come and visit.

love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ashley you crack me up! Glad you made it to San Diego and hopefully it won't be too hot for you!

Tina said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for your sweet comment. I'm glad you guys made it there...although I have to say, I am WAY jealous! I hope you enjoy your time there...just don't get burned. ;)

Angel said...

Thanks so much for staying with us for a night. It was SO wonderful to spend time with you, and the kids really loved having you here. We will have to plan another time to meet up before you go back North.