Monday, May 18, 2009

Why Was That So Stressful?

As you know, I am married to the BIGGEST NCAA March Madness fan. There are many times I lament about being a basketball widow. But, truthfully, he loves it so much that I don't mind sharing him with the basketball once a year.

He has been talking about 2010 for years now because it was going to be his big year! The first and second round games are in Spokane and the third and fourth round games are in Salt Lake. It's a two-fer! Literally, I've been hearing about this for years.

So, the tickets go on sale (they're a lottery sort of thing) and we get the email from both Spokane and Salt Lake with similar themes. "Thanks for trying, but you didn't win the lotto." Sorry Brent. He was really sad about not getting his much anticipated two-fer.

Then, he gets home from Japan and I'm checking my email (while he's "not sleeping" on the couch - he was sleeping but he didn't want to be so every time I said something, he would shout, "I'm not sleeping!"), and I get an email about Spokane that says, "We didn't sell as many tickets as we thought we were going to, so if you still want some, log on on Monday." Then the next email is from Salt Lake saying the same thing. Woho!

I dutifully got on the computer this morning at 10am Mountain Time and waited patiently for the tickets to be purchased. It was really stressful being the one in charge of Brent's fun for 2010. Luckily, I did get the tickets he wanted and now I just have to wait for 10am Pacific time to see if I can make next year a two-fer for him.

My question is, why was it so stressful for me? Do you think Brent's at work stressing about it? I'm pretty sure he's forgotten all about it since he didn't remind me this morning. I'm just a silly person I guess.

So, anyone want to go to Spokane - provided I get tickets?

***Update****
It's a two-fer!

3 comments:

Mom said...

WoHo...thought it was a dead deal. Glad he gets to go to the games (especially the SL ones!!) but super if he gets a two-fer!! It is after 10, so I hope your stress is over and you got him what he wants!! Good for you!
(and him!) Have a good day!
Love

Jenny Moore said...

Yeah for Brent and yeah for Ashley for getting the tickets and for being a supportive wife. Way to go!!

Julie said...

Way to make it a two-fer Ashley! It is stressful for you because you are a dutiful wife who knows her husband will be extreemly sad if he doesn't get to go. That is a lot of pressure, but sounds like you pulled it off beautifully! Nice!