Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ok, Well That Didn't Work Out Well

Hello all! I'm afraid this post is to ask for some support. Let me explain.

This weekend Court and I are going to Boise for Time Out for Women. (It will be weird without you there, Jen!) So, I get this email about a new thing they're doing this year for TofW. You right an essay about your "sweet assurances" and they will either put it on their website, which would be cool, or they would ask one woman to read the essay at the event, which would never happen.

So, I wrote about my sweet assurances and ... they picked me to read it at the event. WHAT? I'm a little shell shocked and worried. And feeling like I might need to rewrite it a bit.

I am 10% excited, 50% surprised and 100% nervous.

I could really use your thoughts and prayers this Saturday! So, keep a good thought for me that I won't trip and fall, pass out, run out of the room screaming, etc, etc. Oh and if you could throw in a good thought for me finding a cute outfit, that wouldn't be too horrible.

As soon as I figure out what I'm going to say for sure, I'll post it for all to read.

Holy Cow! What did I get myself into?

7 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that is awesome! Way to go Ashley! I'm way excited to read it! I will be thinking of you on Saturday- you'll do great!

Tina said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. I wish I could see you present it. And oh how scary, but I'm sure you will be fabulous! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Courtney said...

Maybe I can round up an oxygen tank, just in case! ;)

Angel said...

Seriously? Wow -- good luck!

Jenny Moore said...

Wow Ash, now I'm even more heartbroken that I can't be there to listen to you!
Congrats, you are awesome and you will do awesome...my thoughts will be in Boise on Saturday!

Roy said...

So, are you going to share those "sweet assurances" with us? Or just leave us hangin' ... Or are they just so private that you can only share it with about a million other women at the conference ...? ;)

Jess said...

Hope you are having a blast as we speak- and I am sending HUGE vibes your way (I'm pretty sure today is the big day). You will do terrific. Enjoy your time!