Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas in Review

Well, we're home from our Utah adventures for Christmas. The most adventurous part were the flights home, but that is totally another story which I may or may not share. (I'm still a little bit grumpy about it and I hate it when I'm grumpy.)
Our week in Utah was packed full of fun! However, I didn't take a ton of pictures...don't know what was up with that...so I'll share what we have in no particular order.

Jayson really wanted to sit on the chair that I was sitting on, but I wouldn't move, so he wiggled himself behind me.
This year for Christmas, I made bags for most of the kids - the smaller ones got pillowcases. I think Aaron liked his bag more than he's letting on.
This is a Christmas play that was actually performed on New Year's Day. This was the quietest Rylee was the whole time we were there. She was a perfect Baby Jesus with Tay being Mary. Sorry Julie, I don't remember who you were...Joseph?
I like this picture of Court. One of her kids took it.
Jayson got a Wow Wow Wubsey (is that how you'd spell that?) pillowcase. I don't know where he was when I was taking pictures.
Tayler put on a "fashion show with animals." It wasn't really "fashion show-y" but she did make some pretty cute animals.
Here is my Grandma and her husband Gene. My Grandma turned 80 on January 1st. She doesn't look 80, does she?
Tay looks so innocent, but then Brent's cousins came over and when they left, she was covered in tattoos. It was so sad.
Jayson is such a cutie! He just talks NON STOP and if he gets a laugh, there's just no stopping him!
I don't know who took this, but it's kind of funny.
On New Year's Eve, all of Brent's family wanted to "be there" for the big opening of the time capsule that they sealed in 1999. So, we set up a bunch of laptops, started up skype, and we were "all there." Isn't technology amazing?
Ok, I admit, Brent's cousins tattooed me too.

And Rylee...

And Tayler

Brent and Jayson became really good buddies. It was fun/scary to watch him throw him around.

So, I guess it turns out that there were whole days that I didn't take pictures of. I did get to see almost my entire family, which is the first time since my Grandma's funeral. My cousin, James, is getting married in April, and I got to meet his fiance, Chelsie. It was really fun, but not conducive to picture taking.

We saw Avatar - amazing effects - and The Blindside - amazing story - which is a lot of movies for us!

It was a good week. It's kind of crazy that 2009 is over. I'm having a hard time getting used to that idea. Weird.

5 comments:

Mom said...

It was so nice to have you here!! It was a really special time and we packed a lot in!! Can't wait to have you here in March (here I go wishing the year away...they go by fast as it is!)
Thanks again for coming...even with the bad travel day!
Love you!

Courtney said...

That was a fun post! Aaron really does like his bag. Also, scotch tape is a quick way to remove tattoos - well, the temporary ones anyway.

Jenny Moore said...

Okay Ashley, you've peaked our curiosity, what happened on the way back?
Wish we could've been there.

Jess said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Jayson still talks about Brent throwing him in the air. He loved all the attention. I am so glad that we got to see you guys over the holidays. You are fabulous and Jayson loves his pillow case and the girls have their bags packed for Church every Saturday night. You rock!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you came to Utah and I got to see you guys! I'm glad the time capsul opening worked out as well as it did- love technology!

Great picture of Brent and Jayson- did he touch the ceiling? :^)

Cute pics!