Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Job Strikes Again

Why is it when things are just getting back to normal that something happens that sets things in a tizzy again?
Brent came home yesterday and said, "Guess who gets to go to Japan?" To which I hopefully replied...well, basically all the names of the people he works with. But, no, it's him. "When are you leaving?" I ask. "Thursday." Meaning, well, tomorrow. Awesome. He'll be gone for two weeks. Awesome. And I'm not going. Awesome.

Anyway, enough lamenting. I must do my Pollyanna moment to get over my grumpiness...hopefully...

1) I think it's awesome that when something goes wrong, he's the one that is sent. He knows his stuff and that's cool.

2) I'm glad that I won't be getting my extra garden plots because that would just mean that I had to plant them.

3) I'm glad he's leaving so quickly because that doesn't leave me time to ruminate about it.

4) I'm glad I'm not going because who wants to see another country? And get a stamp in my new passport - even though I've been to Canada three times with this passport but that's another story. (You may be asking why I'm not going. Well, it's just not "fiscally responsible" to buy a last minute ticket to Japan. Also, he's going to be working non-stop so that wouldn't be too fun.)

5) Ok, I can't think of a number 5 right now. Oh, wait...yes I can. When Brent travels, this means I get a new purse. I think it's a good rule, so last night I go this:

Not that I don't still love my panda purse, but I needed something new for a while.

And 6) Wait, I had it. What was #6. Oh yeah! I got my lawn mowed yesterday even though that's Brent's least favorite thing. I think he was trying to butter me up.

Anyway, Brent's leaving for two weeks. And I have to go try to get Daisy out from under our bed. I think she knows something's up. I am taking her to her favorite place today - the vet! (Do you remember that Far Side that had the dog in the car talking to his doggy friends, "Hey, I'm going to the vet to get tutored!" Hee hee. I tried to find it online, but it was surprisingly hard to find, so you'll just have to use your imagination.)

Have a great day!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Alyssa who is now 6-years-old. Where has the time gone??

5 comments:

Mom said...

Well, darn!!! That is too bad but fun??? for Brent? Sorry it is happening right now and that he gets home RIGHT before I come. I am glad because I will get to see Brent, but it would have been nice for you to have company. Well, like they say...Life happens when you've made other plans! Cute purse!!!
Love ya

Courtney said...

Definitely a cute purse. Sorry I'm all depressed right now and not much fun. I'll try to perk up a bit so I can distract you.

Jess said...

Oh dang it. That stinks. I wish that I could come and visit and keep you company. I hope the 2 weeks go by SUPER fast for your sake. You are amazing. And seriously, thanks for the notice government.. one day- are you kidding me to go around the world.

Love ya!

Julie said...

Have a good trip Brent! Does that mean I can expect a phone call from you tomorrow???

Cute purse Ashley! I like your rule... its a good rule!

Jenny Moore said...

All I can say is "BAH" (guess where I learned that from!!) he he he
Cute new purse!!!