Friday, December 10, 2010

Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow

**SIDE NOTE: I wrote this the other day, but I just wasn't feeling too funny so I thought I'd wait a couple of days to see how my funniness improved. I don't feel like it has, so I'm just going with the original. You do remember, I cannot always guarantee funny posts!**

Yep, that's right, Epcot. We actually spent two days in Epcot since I've heard that one day just isn't enough. The first day we were there, they had a Food and Wine Festival going on so it was SUPER busy. But, we did have THE BEST Mexican food we've had in forever! My mouth still waters when I think of it.

People kept telling me that Epcot was their favorite park and I must admit, I didn't get it. I do now. It is pretty cool. Not my favorite park, but worth going.
This ride is called Mission to Mars. Brent really wanted to ride it. I've read about this ride. People have actually died riding this ride. I don't know why exactly, but they have. (There's something about the spinning aspect of it.) So...I didn't want to ride it, but Brent has a much stronger constitution than I have so I knew he wouldn't have a problem. He didn't. Which was nice. Because I have a problem with throwing up. Mainly, if I hear anyone else throw up, I throw up. It's a vicious cycle. That's kind of a gross story. Sorry. He thought it was good but not as fun as landing on an aircraft carrier.

We also found my dream car - the 2010 Chevy Camaro. I had a Camaro, a 1977 one to be exact, back in the day. (Well, technically, my dad had it, but I drove it for quite a few years.) Alas, all I could do was get my picture taken in the Camaro, but someday, I will drive one. Entirely too fast. It will be awesome.

Inside the Spaceship Earth ride - the big golf ball looking thing that pretty much represents Epcot -
(there it is in the background) they take your picture, then let you know how your life will be in the future. It was funny. When we rode the ride this time...
we said that we liked scuba diving. This is the what our future will look like. Hee hee

This next picture is because I am, and always will be, The Plant Lady...
Look at those cool hanging baskets!

We did have a somewhat frustrating time on one of the rides. There's this one about energy that Ellen DeGeneres narrates. We had time, so we thought we'd go on it. They tell you about 100 times that once you're seated, you cannot get up or move seats. Literally, 100 times. So, they say for the last time that after this announcement, you cannot get up until the end of the ride, which takes approximately 25 minutes. They finish the announcement, you know the one about not moving, and this lady gets up and walks out. So they have to shut down the ride and make us all get off. What? It was weird. We did end up going on the ride the next time we were at Epcot. It wasn't that exciting. But at least it was aggravating!

There is also this ride called The Land that I really enjoyed. It was all about the future of crop production. Right up my alley! I would have liked to take the behind the scenes tour, but it was kind of expensive and lasted quite awhile and I didn't think Brent would have been as excited.

The second Epcot day was spent mostly in the World Showcase. There will be another post talking more about that, but I thought I would whet your appetite with these pictures.




Next stop...Hollywood Studios!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like it was a pretty place (especially the last picture!!) No, I know how you are with people throwing up - you would have walked away as fast as you could!! Good thing Brent was ok! You look good in that Camero - should be yours!!

Courtney said...

The Camaro was even a similar color! The scuba picture made me laugh. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Oh, and I would have killed that lady who got off the ride! Way to spoil it for everyone!!

Katie & Jared said...

I'm so glad you got to be there for the food and wine festival. That is one of my favorite times to go. Did you do the Test Track??

. said...

I loved the neat agriculture thing... I would have done the behind the scenes with you Ashley!

Thanks for documenting your trip so well!