Monday, June 13, 2011

Wild Kingdom!

Have I ever mentioned that I love where I live? Well, I do. I love living in the trees. Except for the spiders. I don't like spiders. But I like that Daisy eats spiders.

Anyway, I have seen a bunch of animals in and around my yard. LOTS of hummingbirds, racoons, coyotes, snakes, voles, mole holes, but never a mole, I've heard an owl, but never seen it, other types of birds, slugs, Brent, etc, etc. But today I saw something that I had never seen in my yard before.

I saw a hawk swoop down and grab a snake and fly off. It was kind of cool to watch.

Next think I know, Wild Kingdom will be filming in my backyard!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Very cool! I bet they're going to call you any day! That's the only thing I wish our house had. I would love to be surrounded by woods!

Jenny Moore said...

Wow, that is cool. I'm glad it was a snake and not Daisy!!!

Mom said...

Well, remind me NEVER to walk in your backyard AGAIN!! That would have neat to see though and thank goodness he took the snake away!!!

Urggggggg, shivers!!!!

Courtney said...

Wowee! We saw a black bear tonight crossing Old Clifton road. It was pretty big too. Make me glad I live "in town".

Kathy said...

I am glad I live in town - I don't want to see wild things in my yard. I hate that the little partridges walk around in my yard! But I am glad you like it since you have wild life in your backyard.