Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Sitting By the Dock of the Bay...

I was trying to think of a catchy title besides "Baby, You're a Firework" because I don't like Katy Perry, so this is what I came up with. You'll understand.

The Fourth of July was a GLORIOUS day here in the Northwest. MUCH better than last year when it rained so much before the fireworks that we left. I mean, we're Northwesterners, we're use to the rain and it still chased us home to watch the fireworks on tv.

We had a great barbecue at Court and Brad's, then we were off to the fireworks. I love the fireworks here in town. They set them off over Sinclair Inlet, so that's cool. (See, that's kind of like a bay.) Plus, you can buy some pretty amazing fireworks around town so other people put on a firework show over the water before the "big" fireworks start. Which means we had about 2-1/2 hours of some pretty good, and LOUD, fireworks.

Here we all are ready for the sun to go down. It doesn't really get dark around here until about 10 pm this time of year, so the fireworks start late. Notice the sweatshirts. Yep, it's July 4th and still kind of chilly. I love it!

See, there goes the sun behind the Olympics.

Court, Emma, and Brad

Got to love Sarah and Chloe's glow-in-the-dark masks!



Kyle and Aaron enjoying their free pop. The place where we watch the fireworks - no, I'm not going to tell you where because it's a secret - was giving away free pop this year. I thought that was really nice. It kind of made me mad as we left when I saw all the empty cans people just left for them to clean up. Some people, I swear!

See, I was there too!

I have a function on my camera that is for fireworks. I have ALWAYS wanted to try this function out, but I've never had a tripod with me. Until this time. I took a TON of firework pictures. Some worked, others didn't. But here are the best ones. And, yes, there are a lot, but I'm super excited that they worked.














Seriously, that's a pretty cool function!

Hope your Fourth of July was as fun as ours! My ears are still ringing!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Very awesome pictures! And very mean of you not to share your secret place. Looks like a lot of fun!

Jess said...

oh my gosh, I wonder if our camera has that function. Those pictures are awesome. Mom and I were talking yesterday about wanting to be in Seattle one year for the 4th to see the fireworks over the water. We were close this year, but not close enough! Glad you had a good day.

Love ya!

Angel said...

Super cool fireworks picts!

Mom said...

What GREAT pictures!!! Cool that you check out all your functions on your camera!! I probably have it, just don't know how to use it :) It looks like it was a great evening. Glad you got to see such awesome fireworks - nothing better than seeing them over the water! I just saw ones around the neighborhood - but HEARD many more (all night long!)Maybe on the 24th of July I can see some BIG ones!
Glad you got to enjoy the day and evening with friends!!
Love you!

Mom said...

Ohhhh...and sorry, now I have the Katy Perry song in my head!!!

Jenny Moore said...

Awesome pictures of fireworks!!
I wish we could have all been together! We miss you!!!

Kathy said...

Totally love the pics of the fireworks - you did a great job on the pics. And of course, pics of some of my most favorite people - including you and Brent!

Katie & Jared said...

I wish I had a firework function. That's AWESOME! Great pics! Looks like a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the photos. I have that setting too and love playing with it each year. It is hit and miss sometimes with the fireworks, but you really got some great ones. I'm glad you had fun.