Thursday, September 08, 2011

Sad News...

I knew this day was coming. If I was honest with myself, I would have known how much I was dreading it. But, it's time to announce to the world...
Sarah is now taller than me. Yep, a twelve year old has surpassed my height. **Sigh**

I don't know why I'm so sadden by this. I mean, look at her parents...they're both way taller than me. But it just makes me feel short. Which I know I am, but I sometimes pretend that I'm not.

But, in the interest of not dwelling on my short stature, here are some good things about Sarah being taller than me, ie: my shortness.

1) I now have another person that I can ask to reach high things for me. That's always nice.

There's this girl in our ward who is about 5'11" and barely 14. At camp last year, I called her over and she said, "What would you like me to reach." Well trained.

2) No more wondering when it was going to happen. I now know. In Utah. She was shorter than me when they left and taller when they got back. Seriously.

3) The B**** family now has a new gauge. You see, when you're taller than me, you can use a big cup. Not sure how I feel about this.

4) I don't have to worry about flood pants.

5) My kitchen is set up for a short person. All the stuff that I use every day is low down, and all the things that are used sometimes are higher up. I don't know if you've ever been in a tall person's house but their things are high up.

6) Ok, now I'm just grasping at straws so I don't know what else to say.

7) Oh, yeah, when I fall down - and notice I did say when - it's not as far to the ground.

So...Sarah is taller than me. So what! I'll always be older.

Wait...that's not better.

:)

6 comments:

John and Laura said...

:) You have a tall spirit, Ashlee! And a good sense of humor about it! I love the new cup rule at the B's house. :)

Mom said...

We short people have to stick together...but you are right! It is nice to have the tall ones around to reach things for us!! Well, glad she gets to use the "big cup" now - at least you know you are considered a milestone for something!! (hee,hee)Don't be sad...just remember You will always be older (WHAT??!)
Thanks for the giggles!

Chelsea said...

You are too funny!

Courtney said...

I shouldn't laugh. But... hahahahaha! Love you!

Kathy said...

You are delightfully funny!

Anonymous said...

I can go spelunking and not have to duck.