Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Howdy All Y'All

Just practicing my southern accent since we're back among the Northerners and it's slowly slipping away.

Atlanta. Well, technically Kennesaw, Georgia. What fun we had there. And why did we head all the way out there? To see Alyssa get baptized and to spend some time with the rest of those folks.

Today's theme is...the Baptism.

We got in late Friday night so when the alarm went off at 7:00 am (Atlanta time) the next morning, that being 4:00 am our time, it was somewhat hard to drag ourselves out of bed. But we did and made it to the church just in time for pictures. Brent was so excited.
Notice the cloudy sky. Yep, we brought our weather with us, which was just fine with us. I don't know how anyone else felt.

The baptism was great. There's such a special Spirit you feel at a baptism. Alyssa asked me and her Grandma Blythe to speak. Mine was ok, Blythe's was amazing. I was glad she went after me. The water in the font was so warm that you couldn't see through the glass to watch her be baptized, but I bet that was nice for them.

Then it was on to birthday fun since Alyssa got to be baptized on her actual birthday. We opened presents, went to lunch and had some pretty yummy cake.
We decided to eat at Bahama Breeze. I don't think any of us had ever been there before, but we really liked it. I had fish tacos. They weren't as good as Rubio's. Rubio's has ruined me for fish tacos. Sigh!
We had some of those great shooter desserts - the little ones that come in a shooter glass. Perfect size dessert if you ask me. I had a key lime pie one. It was awesome.
They even put a candle in Lyssa's.

The wait for our table wasn't that long, but I guess Steve got hungry.

Then home for some great cake that Blythe made. Angel food with ice cream in the middle. Yum! I love angel food cake.

Alyssa attempted to get her ears pierced but it was just a little much that day. But she'll do it the next time. (I totally understand her trepidation. When I got my ears pierced, they got the machine stuck closed on one of my ears and it took them about an hour to talk me into doing the other one. I don't remember how old I was but I remember it being traumatic!)

What a fun day! And that was just the first one!

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

We are so glad you didn't move to Australia and you came to Georgia!
It was so much fun to have you here and just a rebuttal...your talk was AWESOME too! Both were fabulous!!!

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun there. The pictures of everyone look so cute!! Congrats, Alyssa!! Oh and BTW, it was a WEEK later that you finally got your other ear pierced and she had to come to our house to do it!!! (but that was pretty traumatic with the ear piercer getting stuck!! so, I understand!) I am not really sure how old you were, I think about 10!

Chelsea said...

That looks like so much fun! We have 2 baptisms coming up this summer for our two oldest nephews! I wish my baptism was so warm that there was steam. I remember it being luke warm.

Jess said...

Such a fun day. glad you guys could be there. I am sure you did awesome on your talk.

Love that picture of you and Brent and Alyssa. Super cute.