Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Birthday Extravaganza!

We're back from our super fun "Ashley's Birthday Extravaganza Cruise." It was a great trip! We had so much fun! Unfortunately, Brent's biggest souvenir from the vacation is pneumonia. Luckily, he didn't get sick until Saturday, which was after all the real fun. We didn't know it was pneumonia until yesterday, but we did know he wasn't feeling super well on our flight home. Anyway, it's made getting back to normal somewhat difficult. Which means I'm still going through the hundreds, yep, I said hundreds, of pictures I took on our trip. I'll just blog as I go, so here we go...

Let's start with our trip to Louisiana to board the cruise ship. And the first of what would turn out to be many surprises. We were flying first class to New Orleans! I've often said that I would like to fly first class somewhere but if I was going to do that, I would want it to be a LONG flight. It was a great surprise!

Here we are in first class. I know it's hard to tell that anything is different, but it was. Those are great seats! And they give you food! And warm towels to wash your hands!
 And even Mamadillo got to ride in first class with us.
She liked it too!
And, being that we were riding first class, we got to get on the plane first. So that also meant that we got to sit on the plane for around an hour while they fixed something. They stopped loading everyone else, but since we were already there, they let us stay. We waited and waited and waited, all the while watching our connecting flight time get closer and closer and closer! (Apparently, the part of the computer that gets the plane to turn wasn't working right. Unfortunately we would have to turn to get to Houston, so we had to wait for it to get fixed.)

Mamadillo got a little board...
Finally, the computer was fixed and we were in the air. Luckily, we made up some time in the air, so we made our connecting flight. We walked off our plane, went to the bathroom, walked on the next plane. It was close, but we made it!

We got in late, got something to eat (and a taste of THE best bread pudding ever) and went to bed, so we didn't get to see much of New Orleans yet. Check back tomorrow for the Big Easy!


2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Poor mamadillo looks a little board waiting...better her than a small, impatient child!!! :)
Can't wait to see the rest of the adventure!

Chelsea said...

Sounds like a great first step. I don't think I'll every ride first class. I don't see my cheapness allowing that......ever!