Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cozumel

Oh my heck! I have been such a dork about this darn blog. I'm bound and determined to finish the cruise!

Cozumel, Mexico...our last stop on the grand Birthday Adventure. We didn't have anything planned in Cozumel because I had read that this was the place to shop. It was most definitely the place to shop in that there were a lot of shops, but...I'll get to that.

I took a bunch of pictures of the water because it was such an interesting color, don't you think? 

 






I think that color is what they're talking about when they say Caribbean blue!

We also saw a pelican...

It was hanging around some fishermen who were throwing the fish guts to it, so it made for easy pictures.

We found out that Cozumel is the place to go for sea glass. They must throw a lot of glass stuff into the ocean there because it wasn't hard to find at all. I love sea glass.

We took some other pictures...
It was a beautiful day! But...it was a hard day to shop. Why? Well, the shop keepers, actually, most shop keepers, not all shop keepers, felt a need to invite you into their shops when you walked past. Loudly. And with much feeling. It was way too much for me! At least they didn't touch me. In Encinada, Mexico, they touched me. I do not like that!

So, our shopping was somewhat short lived, but we did get a few treasures in our last port.

Then we had some fun on the boat. (I swear some of these pictures are from the next day, but the properties on the pictures say it was the same day so I'm believing the camera.)
Brent is already starting to look a little green around the gills...

There was a funny show with these jugglers, who then gave juggling lessons. We snuck in and watched Dad give it a try.


Mamadillo liked the blue blue sea too!


While the next time I go to Cozumel, I'm going to go snorkeling - remember how pretty the water was - we still had a great time! It's kind of sad to think that it's almost over...

5 comments:

Mom said...

Glad to see you finishing up...Cozumel was my "least" favorite of the cruise (even thought I LOVE shopping) - the shop keepers were just too annoying! AND you DID take a LOT of pictures of the ocean. It was a beautiful color though...makes me want to be there NOW!!! Yes, sad that it was almost over...fun, fun, time!
Love you!

Chelsea said...

That does NOT sound fun! I would not be okay with someone touching me. I never enjoy people yelling at me. Ugh! Although the boat stuff looks amazing.

Courtney said...

I would have been overwhelmed in that shopping situation as well. If I feel any pressure to buy, it makes me want to completely walk away, even if it was something I wanted in the first place. Also, the ocean was VERY blue and VERY beautiful!

Steve said...

I hate shopping, but love Cozumel. I found the real beauty of the island to be located in a couple of places.

1. The opposite side of the island from the city. You have to rent a scooter or something to get there, but very beautiful and almost no people.

2. Under the beautiful blue water there is some of the best SCUBA diving/marine life that I have every seen. Think underwater cliff walls, wrecks, etc.

Looks like a fun trip.

Jess said...

That water is an incredible color. Wow! Sorry that Brent started feeling sick at that point.

What an amazing trip.