Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy Happy Birthday Marcela

What a completely busy weekend we had! It was Marcela's birthday on Saturday and Court and Brad moved into their new house in Port Orchard. Luckily a lot of people showed up to help, so I didn't have to lift any boxes, but Kyle is still in his "hold me, hold me, hold me" stage, so I did have to lift him. He weighs 22 pounds, so it's not an easy thing to do!

I made a great bundt cake for Marcela's birthday. (I didn't put a flower in the middle to "fix" it either.) We also gave her a great book about hiking in the area. She was really excited, as you can see from her face. It was fun to spend some time with her on her birthday!














We had a HUGE wind storm on Saturday as well. A LOT of people in this area lost power because trees fell on the power lines. There were trees across roads everywhere and a lot of the homes right on the Sound got flooded by the high tide. It was a fun day to say the least. The power was still out at Ryan and Marcela's church building yesterday so they had to come to church with us. It was fun. There were a lot of people there!

The saddest news from this weekend is that the Seahawks did not win the Super Bowl. Brent really wanted to loot. (j/k) It was a good game, right up until the 4th quarter. It's fun to get swept into the hysteria of Seahawk fans! Maybe next year!






Marcela is sad that everyone won't be able to see her pregnant, so we've decided to take a picture of her every month until the baby is born. So, here is the picture for the 1st of February. She has a little pooch, but nothing too big yet. Just wait.










Ok, I promised that I would put some pictures in from Hawaii, so here's the first one. This is from Matsumoto Shave Ice in Haleiwa, North Shore. This is the BEST place for shave ice on the Island!! I know that a lot of you are saying, "It's just a snow cone." But it's not. It's sooooo much better. I got lilikoi flavor and Brent got the rainbow one. We didn't go until our last time in North Shore because the lines were always so long, but it was worth it! YUMMY!




Thanks for the comments guys! We're glad you're looking.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures...sounds like you had a busy weekend. Lots of fun weather. I did hear on the news yesterday that the North Shore was having 50 foot waves. Bummer...we missed that! The shaved ice looks good - I am ready to go back today (except for the $$$ - I would be there!)Tell Marcela she looks cute.
Love,
Mom (Linda)

Jess said...

Hey Ash-
I love your cake! I want a piece!! Good work. Thanks for the pictures. They are so fun to look at. We were routing for the Seahawks as well. Darn it. Oh well they tried their best. Marcela does look like she has a little belly. That's so fun. Thanks for the update. I want some of that shaved ice too. Let's go back :)
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley-
Counting down the days until you guys come...we'll be having a happy roadtrip together!!! YEAH!
OOPS, we missed Marcela's birthday. We stink...sorry.

Anonymous said...

Man I'm 0 of 2 this year when it comes to birthdays... I owe Jenny and Marcela! I still love you both, I'm just bad. Laters.