Monday, February 27, 2006

Working...9 to 5...what a way to make a livin'...

I have been told that I neglected to tell you what I'm doing. I'm working for Allied Van Lines in Bremerton. I'm a receptionist/secretary. My brain is VERY full today! I hate first days...you always feel like an idiot. I'm hoping that it will get better soon! I'll let you know!

Brent's birthday was great! He got a ton of cards, presents and calls from most! It was very fun for him. His choice for his birthday "cake" was lemon squares. Here he is... I know that looks like a lot of candles, but he wouldn't let me put all of them on there...he said it would take too long. Silly Brent!
Oh, and my ideas for Brent's birthday got messed up. I was going to surprise him and take him to see "Glory Road" (it's a basketball movie) but it wasn't playing anywhere! I wish I would have looked at it before Friday night! We ended up having a nice relaxing day together and going out for sushi that night. (It's Brent's favorite meal...sooooo)

Sunday was our Stake Conference. Our stake is so big that you have to park the cars "ferry style". That means that they park the cars front to back so you can't leave until it's over. Works good to get everyone to stay the whole time.

Elder Robert S. Wood from the Seventy came and spoke to us. He was AMAZING! He talked about what we need to do to get closer to the Lord. He was very entertaining and really made you think at the same time.

I also really enjoyed our Stake Relief Society President's talk. She talked about service. How we should have the motto "Here am I, send me.." I think that's a cool way to look at service both in your callings and everywhere else!

The Seattle Temple president was there as well and spoke about how all roads lead to the Temple. In the end, they do, don't they? All in all, it was a great conference!

Well, I guess I had better go to bed...since I'm a working girl now. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First days are always the worst...it will get better. Glad you survived. Are you offical house owners now? How did the house look when you went to see it empty?
Hope today is a better one for you!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey working girl...today is the big closing day!! YEAH! I think it's always overwhelming to go in and sign a hundred papers and think you are signing your life away!! It will be great to have your own place. It was fun to talk to Brent on his birthday, I mailed his package yesterday, sorry I'm so lame..!

Jess said...

Congrats on the job. The first day is always the worst, but then after a while that comfortable feeling comes again. What the heck do I know I haven't worked in years! I can't wait to hear about your new house. So exciting!! Sorry I didn't call Brent on his b-day. I'm sure I was the only one. It was a bad day for me.

Have a good one!