Sunday, March 12, 2006

Moving Is Such a Joy!!!

Where has the week gone? I can't remember what happened at all this week. It was such a blur. I would go to work, which I'm still learning at, and then I'd come home, we'd have a quick bite to eat and we'd come down to Port Orchard and paint, or do some other home improvement thing. It was crazy!

On Tuesday, Brent's Grandpa Behling had open heart surgery. He still acts like he is 50 years old, but with this we were reminded that he actually is 86. He is currently having a battle of the wills with the doctors and is still in the hospital. We hope that he will get to come home soon!

Yesterday was the BIG move. It didn't go as smoothly as we were hoping. It started out on a bad note, which really doesn't help anything. We rented the U-Haul from the store that is right near our storage unit. They said it would be ready a little before 9am, so we thought that would be perfect since everyone was meeting at 9am at the storage unit. So, we get to the U-Haul store at 8:50a and they say, "The truck isn't here, it's down at Bremerton...Sorry". Bremerton is a 20 minute drive south of where we were. So, right there we were 40 minutes behind schedule. Brent drops me off at the storage unit to meet the people as they come to help us and he and Ryan go to get the truck. Here's me, stuck with these guys who are giving up their Saturday morning to help us and I have to tell them to just sit around and wait. GREAT! It felt like forever. We did have some muffins though, so that kept them happy for a few minutes. Brent and Ryan FINALLY get there with the truck and I have to hop in the X-Terra and book it down to Port Orchard to meet the people who were delivering our new fridge. They were suppose to be there between 10:30 and 12:30, but I knew that if I was late that they would be there right at 10:30. So, in my hurrying, I sort of bumped into this pole at the storage unit and dented Brent's truck. Great! He was really good about it, but I feel SOOOOOO BAD!!!!

After all of that, I got to the house at 10:20 (whew!) and the fridge people were already there. Of course.

It was so cool to watch these two guys bring in this fridge. They suspended it between the two of them on a rope and brought it on in. They were so careful. It was cool! Thanks Best Buy!

Then to get back to the fun and excitement of moving. Brent had asked our new Elder's Quorum in Port Orchard to be there at 11:00. Which would have been perfect if things had gone well that morning, but as things were, we had to wait for 45 minutes. Here I am with these five guys that I don't know, saying sorry, again. They were all really good natured about it, but I felt so bad!!!

Brent and Ryan finally got here and they unloaded the truck without incident. But, then the fun began again. There were a couple of things, like the BBQ grill and planting table that wouldn't fit in the big truck. But, Brad and Court have a trailer that they said we could use, so Brent tells Ryan and I to go over to Court and Brad's and hook up the trailer to the X-Terra and meet him at the U-haul place. The kicker is, the hitch on the truck is too big for the one on the trailer. To make a long story a little shorter, we couldn't find what we needed at Court and Brad's so we couldn't get the trailer. Our biggest problem was that we HAD to be out of the storage unit by 5p or they would charge us for the rest of the month. And it was already 2:45p. We ended up taking Ryan home, buying a new ball thing for the hitch, running back down to Port Orchard to get the trailer, running back up to Silverdale to get the stuff out of the storage unit in time. We closed the door of the storage unit at 5p exactly! Yeah us!

Now, here we are in our new house with boxes EVERYWHERE!! And we can't even find out silverwear. I love moving!

Have a great week everyone! Brent is going to be in Utah for the Basketball Tournament for most of the week, so I'll probably be able to catch up a little more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the joys of being a home owner! BOY, what a day. Glad it all ended pretty good. I am sure it is going to take a while getting everything organized! Too bad we didn't know sooner that you weren't coming down here, and maybe I could have gone up there to help you! Too late now! Sorry!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

U-haul rules!

Jess said...

Ashley you are so hilarious! I loved your story about moving. I know it wasn't funny at all- oh the joys! Nothing can go right can it!?

I'm so glad that it is all done though. How fun!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more stories.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting all moved in! If there weren't hang-ups we'd have no funny stories to tell!!
Hope Brent has fun at the games!

Anonymous said...

Good story- I'm glad it all worked out for you.