Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Aloha Oi

Well the Shipyard giveth and the Shipyard taketh away, and this time it givith it back. I was supposed to go to Hawaii for training, but due to a scheduling conflict I got bumped. The class that I got bumped to got full, so you guessed it bumped again. So I thought the Hawaii trip was mine to begin with so I should get to go. After much toil and email I am once again on the list to go. From the 3 through the 16 of December we get to escape the cold and snow that have set in on the Northwest and sit on the beach (after studying of course).

Ah the sunshine and warm of the beach, not to rub it in or anything, but ahhhh! We could have taken the class in Groton Connecticut, but who'd want to go there in December.

One of the things that you learn about working for the government is that the only constant is change. One minute its there and the next its all different. Makes for interesting days, never boring!

Yes this is the first time that I have actually posted to the blog. Don't worry its not going to become a habit or anything.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Brent-trude I am so proud of you for posting! And with a picture and everything.

I am SOOO jealous of the trip to Hawaii and it's all paid for (but I guess you have to work a little bit- not a bad trade off). That's so fun and so soon. We will be thinking of you.

We missed you for Thanksgiving! Hope you had a good one as well.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow Brently....I'm soo proud of you!
Although I have to say I'm a tiny bit jealous...I would love to go sun myself in Hawaii, do you think the government would let your extremely talented older sister go? I'm sure I could fake looking important...see what you can do!
Missed you last weekend...have a great trip. What a great birthday present for Ashley!!!

Anonymous said...

Brent-

I can totally relate with all the changes from one minute to the next when working for the government! Congrats on getting to go to Hawaii! To bad you guys aren't going a month later... I would have come to Hawaii if you were! Oh well, perhaps you will have another bondoggel sometime soon!

Love ya!

Jess said...

Please let us know your address (for a few weeks). I hope that you made it with no glitches! I'm so jealous right now :)

Have a fun time. Enjoy the sun for us.

Love you!