Friday, December 15, 2006

Well, Maybe It's Not COMPLETELY Paradise

Sometimes you just need to get stuff off your chest, right? Well, this is going to be one of those blogs, so if you would rather not...you don't have to read it. I just need to complain.

We bought my tickets to Hawaii from Hawaiian Airlines on the Tuesday before we left, so not a long time. Well, just after that, I get this email that says my flight on Sunday has been changed from the 8a to the 9a flight. No worries. I called to make sure everything was ok and they said that yes, I was confirmed on the 9a flight. They had bought a bunch of planes from Delta that they thought would be in working order, but turned out to need a lot of work, so they have had to cancel some flights. No worries. I was assured that everything was ok.

So, here I am in paradise wondering what time my flight is, because, since you're in paradise, you don't really pay that much attention. I get on the Hawaiian Airlines page and it tells me that my flight is at 1:10p, not 1:30 that I thought it was, and that I am flying through Maui with a 2 hour layover. HUH??? So, I'm annoyed, right? I call Hawaiian and say, basically, "What's up with this?" They say, that the flight I was on was cancelled so this was the only other way I could get back to Seattle. They also said that there are no direct flights to Seattle. So, my 5-1/2 flight has now turned into an 8 hour journey. And there is nothing they can do about it. I hate flying in the first place, now the idea of having to be stuck in airports and planes that much longer makes me mad. AND the part that makes me the MOST angry is that they didn't tell me. True, 15 minutes AFTER I got off the phone with the Hawaiian Airline people I got a email telling me about the change, but ... when I called, they hadn't told me.

Believe me, I'm going to complain!! It just makes me mad. If that was the only flight they had had, I wouldn't have bought the ticket, but now I'm stuck. It just makes me mad!!!!!!

So, there's my complaining....boring as it may be.

The rest of the trip has been FANTASTIC. We really have had a great time! I'm just not looking forward to tomorrow. I must sound like a whiner. Sorry. I just needed to complain.

Just wait for the cool blogs. They'll be coming soon! We took a lot of fun pictures and have some fun stories.

:)

1 comment:

Jess said...

hope thay you made it home safe and sound! That does suck ehen you have an nexpected lay-over! They should give you a free round trip ticket :)

love you guys! Sorry about no b-day card yet. I suck!