Saturday, January 27, 2007

Are you addicted when you should be doing something else??

I should be working on Young Women stuff, but I just don't want to. Brent had to go into work today and it's a beautiful day, but still cold, so I'm enjoying looking out the window and thinking it's warm before I have to go out and know it isn't.

Brent is going to sunny San Diego for training next month and we thought it would be awesome if I came down and took a long Disneyland weekend. We all know what a sucker I am for Disneyland. Well, plans have now fallen through for the Disneyland long weekend. Bah! Oh well. We're going to use the money to start finishing our basement. That sounds like it's just bare walls, which it isn't. But it is concrete walls that are underground so VERY cold. We're going to build up the wall enough to put insulation in. Should be fun. Then painting. And RIPPING UP GROSS CARPET! I'm glad the upstairs carpet is better than the downstairs because this carpet is gross. It will be so nice to have a nice downstairs. Especially when people come to visit. So, the take home message is...no Disneyland for Ashley :(, but a nicer basement :).


The other day, I noticed that they had primrose at Fred Meyer. I told Brent that as soon as they went on sale, we were getting some. They went on sale last week, so...

Theres nothing like a few flowers to make you smile! And, like I said, it's sunny today. One of those dumb tricky sunny days, but still sunny. I need to go read my book and sit in the sun. That sounds nice!

Brent just called and said he's almost done! Yeah! Off to Silverdale and Costco.

Have a great weekend. I hope it's nice where you are!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "hope" for it to be nice where we are...but if you are in SLC, it didn't make it. We are sitting in a cold, high pressure so lots of gunk in the air and at night it gets foggy. Fun for us...MAYBE a storm the end of next week to wipe it out. The primrose made me smile...thanks for sharing!
Have a good weekend.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very nice flowers Ashley!

Jess said...

Those flowers are fabulous! They are so pretty and happy. Hooray for sales!

I'm sorry you don't get to go to Disneyland :( That stinks! How long will Brent be gone for?

I hope that it starts to warm up soon.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Disneyland...that would have been fun but it's nice to get house stuff done too!!
You've always been good at flowers..want to come do mine this summer?!!!!