Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thoughts on a Tuesday

So, I'm getting close to not having any more pictures for the blog. I need to get doing stuff!

It's another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest. There are good and bad parts to these beautiful days. The good part is, hey, it's beautiful! It's reminding us that spring is on the way! But, here's the bad part...the air quality starts getting yucky. We don't get smog over here, but we do get burn bans. Today is one of those burn ban days. I don't feel really great today, so I'm wondering if it's because of a cold or the yucky air. I'm hoping the yucky air because it is suppose to start raining again this weekend. Hopefully I'll feel better by then. :)

We had an ok weekend. Brent had to work on Saturday morning, so we got a later start. Sunday was great, as usual. Busy, but great. I'm TRYING to sing in our ward choir. There are a few reasons that I dislike ward choir -
1) I'm not as good as I used to be about sight reading and it makes me embarrassed.
2) sometimes people are kind of rude to the director
3) I think that the songs that the director chooses are too hard for the choir
and 4) they just kind of suck! I can pretty much out sing the entire group, which I try not to, but you can still hear me.
I realize that I am somewhat snotty about choir stuff. I was trained to be that way. Every time I say I'm not going to sing anymore, I hear my old choir director saying that we should add our talent to our ward choirs because that's why we have talent. It's amazing that a teacher from high school can still guilt me into doing things. But, he can. At any rate, I'm singing with the ward choir. I am going to try to blend with the somewhat nonexistent voices. I am going to ignore the snotty people who pick at the director and give her my full support. And, most of all, I'm going to enjoy it!

Today is New Beginnings for Young Women's. I'm excited. I think it's going to be so cute! We're playing the Friendship Game, which is a lot like the Dating Game. It's so much more relaxed than Young Women in Excellence was. I'm in charge of the food though, which is scary because I don't have confidence in my cooking ability. It will go well. I hope. :)

Here's some pictures...
This is my cousin Adam and his little girl Gentri. Yeah, Gentri. I was questioning myself for a minute, but that's Gentri. Anyway, I think it's so funny because she has these little tiny legs and HUGE moon boots. Hee hee!

This is another one of Adam's daughters Cami. She just fell asleep so they put her in the play pen under all the coats. Jen didn't know she was there and started rifling through the coats. She almost had a heartattack when she found the little one at the bottom. :0

More of Adam's kids. The one on the left is Linsi, the oldest. The middle is my aunt, and their grandma, Jackie. And the one on the right is Gentri again. I got them to smile in this picture by asking them to show me their teeth. Works every time. Well, Gentri does look like she has an overbite, but it's still cute.

Ok, enough rambling for the day. Hope it is pretty where you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job for sining in the choir
Ashely...just be careful or they'll make you the choir director!!!
Those little girls grandma must be your mom's sister...there's a resemblence there!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for guilting ME into the choir... my problem is that I never remember to go. Call me--I'll go with you!

. said...

Good attitude about the choir Ashley. I think Dad hated singing in the ward choir for those exact reasons... funny how that is!

How did your cooking turn out?

Jess said...

I am one of those non-existent voices in the choir so I don't go :) Darn it, I missed that talent!

How did New Beginings go? I am sure the food was superb!

Cute photos. Those little girls are cuties.

I hope you didn't end up getting sick. The air is yucky so I hope that was it.

Take care!