Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hello Again

I'm back. It's been a week. More on that later...

New Beginnings went well. The girls were funny and we had a great time. No one really ate the chicken salad sandwiches. They said that they were weird. Whatever. It wasn't my idea. I thought they tasted good, so...only cookies and brownies from now on. :)

On Wednesday I had a really bad headache all day. By the end of the day my throat started to hurt. On Thursday I couldn't even swallow. It was HORRIBLE. I kept hoping I would feel better until Brent got home on Friday, then I just had had enough, so we went to the urgent care. The wait was 2 hours, so I decided to come back on Saturday morning. So, we go back and they swab my throat to see if I have strep throat. The doctor comes in and says, "The strep test was negative." WHAT!! I seriously was in so much pain I almost started to cry every time I tried to swallow. The doctor looks in my mouth and says, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have strep throat and that was a false negative test." YEAH!! He gave me antibiotics. On Saturday I layed on the couch all day. By the end of the day, my throat was almost feeling better. He also gave me some pain pills so I could sleep for the first time in 3 nights. I woke up on Sunday and my throat was a lot better. I'm slowing coming back from being so sick. My throat isn't sore any more, but it's still really sensitive. I'm so glad to be on the mend though.

Tonight Young Women's is a planning meeting for the next few months. Awesome. These can go well - which the last one did - and it can go badly. Keep you fingers crossed for me.

No pictures today because ... we bought a new computer. Best Buy was having a really good deal, so Brent went and bought it. All the pictures are still on the old computer, we're still working on getting everything on this one. The monitor is HUGE and the computer is fast, so it's great!!

Have a good one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash,
I'm sorry you were so sick, but glad you are feeling better now. I was going to e-mail you to ask how the chicken salad went over, but sounds like a dud:( Teenagers are such picky jerks sometimes! Oh well!!! I think if they had ordered pizza and had treats and soft drinks, the little darlings would have been much happier! Live and learn, right?! Don't give up on cooking because of this, ok?
How did the planning meeting go?
Love ya,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were sick Ashley...we are ready for spring so all the germs will go away!
I love chicken salad sandwiches, they are my favorite!
Have fun with the new computer!

John and Laura said...

I'm starting to wonder why they even do tests. I ahven't seen a test come back correctly in a long, long time.

John and Laura said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better.

I agree with what Jackie said about teenagers being picky jerks. It made me laugh!

--Minerva

. said...

Enjoy the new computer! Hope you are back to feeling better.

Jess said...

I hope you didn't get too sick! That is the pits.

Who doesn't like Chicken Salad Sandwiches? Those are the best! I would have eaten them all :)

I'm glad that New Beginings went well. It's always nice to have those over with too.

How fun to have a new computer that is fast.

Have a good one! Love you