Friday, February 09, 2007

Ode to My Garage Door Opener

This is my new garage door opener:
Isn't it beautiful?? My Mom and Dad gave it to us for Christmas. They're so nice.

It has taken a little while to get installed because the people who originially wired the garage were, as Brent puts it, "IDIOTS!" It took he and Brad at least a whole night to figure out how to wire everything to install the opener. Luckily, they are both very smart and engineers and can draw out diagrams (I should have taken a picture of the diagram) so they figured it out.

My new garage door opener comes with a big button in the garage that when you press it, it - get this - opens the garage door.

You can't tell from the picture, but there is a little green light that is always on so you can find the huge button in the dark. That's awesome!!

The other amazing thing that comes with my new garage door opener is a clicker that goes in your car that when you press it - get this - it opens or closes the garage door automatically! This is amazing! Especially if you are lazy, like me, and live in a place where it rains a lot, like where I live.


For those of you who aren't lucky enough to have a garage door opener - like Brent - I feel sorry for you. Maybe someday in the future someone - like Brent - will be able to buy a garage door opener of his own. And then, someone - like Brent - can install it on the other side of the garage so he can use this amazing system.

Thank you all who paid for and installed my wonderful garage door opener. It is the best!!

PS - I love digital cameras!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be happy with a carport let alone a garage w/ a door! That is exciting though- very nice.

Anonymous said...

We are glad you like your garage door opener!!! You WOULD buy a house that has two garage doors...poor Brent - but it is a start. Glad Brent and Brad were smart enough to install it!!
Have fun with the buttons!
Love you!

Jess said...

What a great (and funny) Post! I love it!

Congratulations on the new set-up. That would be nice to drive right in out of the rain. Good for you.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Did you have to open your garage manually? That stinks!
Congrats on the automatic garage door opener...got to love them!!