Monday, January 01, 2007

It's Christmas time...Grandma's in the hospital

I haven't really talked about it, but last Sunday my Grandma Sally went into the hospital with pneumonia, again. It seems like every holiday season she does this. It makes me kind of angry. I know it shouldn't, but it does. I just want her to be healthy and happy and she hasn't been healthy for a really long time.

Well, now she's going to have to get a pacemaker put in tomorrow. Part of me isn't worried, but part of me is. I know my mom is really worried. I hope and pray that this operation will go well tomorrow and there won't be any complications. I love my Grandma so much!


This picture is from May of this year. My grandma has been on oxygen for a REALLY long time. At least 20 years, but none of us remember exactly when she went on oxygen. And, now she has a feeding tube. It sucks for us, but it must really suck for her to be so sick all the time.

I remember when I was little that she would spend so much time in her garden and yard making it look just so. She always had zinnias around the garden. I still think of her when I smell zinnias. I also remember how she would make apricot nectar and serve it in these special cups. (There you go Jess, some childhood memories.)

I'm not telling you this so that you'll feel bad for her or me, just talking.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma. I loved reading the memories you have of her, that everytime you smell zinnias you think of her. That is really sweet.

Jess said...

That is a very sweet picture of you guys!