Monday, January 22, 2007

Merry **Belated** Christmas

I thought that I would now post some Christmas pictures. This year, and the end of last, has just been weird. I don't get it. Where has the time gone?
Let's start with our cute Christmas tree. I love it. It's small, but it's just the right size for us. We do need some more red balls though. We haven't found any we like yet.

This is our nativity. Doesn't it look nice against the red wall? I love it! :)

I'm going to split this up a little bit. On Christmas, we had a wonderful pajama day with Brad, Court and the kids. I love Chloe's robe. Court made robes for both the girls.

Kyle being a cheese, as usual. He has a really cute personality. He calls me "Aleeee" and, in pictures, he calls Brent "Bent", but in real life, he gets somewhat confused. He calls Brent "Aleeee" too. The other day, Court came to pick me up and as soon as they pulled in the driveway Kyle started screaming "Aleeeee". So, I come out and he is happy for a second and then looks at the door and says, "Alee?" We say, "Just Ashley today, not Brent." To which he replies "Alee....Bent" and then promptly looks at the door and says "Aleeeee???". It was hilarious. Brent keeps saying that he just doesn't know who Kyle's talking to. I'm under the impression that most of the time, it's him. Oh, and Kyle tries to call us at least once a day. Court just loves it. :)

And, of course little Miss Sarah doing her ABSOLUTE favorite thing - reading. She just loves it. She reads for everyone! I can hardly believe that she's going to get baptised this year. Time flies. She has the preliminary program done right now and she's not getting baptised until May. It's super cute. I love that she is so excited!!

And now onto Boxing Day. Here in America we call it the day after Christmas. Boxing Day is a better title, I think. In the morning, Court and I got up early and braved the stores to find deals on Christmas lights for next year. I can hardly wait. Our house will be decked out. I might start putting up the Christmas lights the day after Thanksgiving! :)

Then, in the evening, Ryan, Marcela and Reyes came down for dinner. Brent got a ukelele in Hawaii so Ryan had to show him how it was done.

Reyes' new favorite thing to do is fly. It's pretty funny. She just loves it.

We thought it was pretty funny that Reyes was only a little bit bigger than the Santa. She's on her toes to make herself look that much taller.

While we were shopping in the morning we found this ornament that was the old fashioned Pooh Bear that said "Baby's First Christmas" so we got it for Reyes. She REALLY liked the paper it came in and seemed to enjoy the box. Hopefully she likes the ornament too.

We had a great Christmas. I got Brent some more DVD's of "His Man" Alton Brown - remember the pizza one you had to watch. And Brent did a great job. He even bought me shoes. What a guy! :)

Merry **Belated** Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a blog and post pictures of little Reyes- what a cutie!

Nice Christmas post... sounds like you guys had a nice, relaxing couple of days.

Anonymous said...

Fun Christmas!
Reyes is a cutie pie!!

Jess said...

I can't remember if I have already written a comment yet or not? So if I have-- SoRrY!

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas- nice and relaxing, just what Christmas is all about!

Thanks for the post!

Love ya!