Friday, February 23, 2007

Aunt Maddo


I got a call yesterday saying that my Grandma Sally's sister Madeline Johnson just died. She was 93, so not a spring chicken, but it still made me a little sad. Aunt Maddo has lived here in Washington for years! So, I'm going to represent my family at the funeral next week. Not another funeral.

After Brent met Aunt Maddo for the first time, he said, "Which grandma's sister is she?" She does look a lot like my Grandma Cherryl's side, but she is Grandma Sally's half sister. Aunt Maddo was quite a bit older than Grandma and actually kind of helped raise her.
When Aunt Maddo was told about Grandma Sally's passing, she said, "Oh Sally. But it's ok, her sister will be there soon." And now she is. I'm sure Grandma is so happy to see her, not to mention the rest of the family and Aunt Maddo's husband who died 47 years ago.
I'm thankful for my knowledge of the gospel. I'm thankful that I know that this life isn't "it".

4 comments:

John and Laura said...

Oh, Ashley! You need a break from all this! Where is the funeral?

Thanks again for your help on Thursday. Let us know what we can do for you.

--Minerva

Jess said...

I'm sorry to hear about your great Aunt, but I can just imagine what that reunion was like with her sister and husband.

I'm proud of you for representing the family! You are a great gal Ash!

Love ya

Anonymous said...

So sorry Ashley-
you've had your fair share of funerals the last few months. Poor Brent probably thinks his birthday is jinxed!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, Ashley.
You've had your fair share of funerals lately!
Poor Brent probably thinks his birthday is jinxed!