Friday, May 04, 2007

A Wonderful Visit

As I've said, my Mom and Grandma came up to visit the week of April 15th. The main reason of their visit was to go to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon, Washington. Well, and...they really like us. :)

Day 1: Brent and I took the Southworth Ferry across the sound and found our way to the airport to pick them up. Mom said that we needed to be there at 9am. We pulled into the airport at exactly 9am. We're amazing.

After the kisses and hugs, we pulled into a Jack in the Box for a little potty break and to decide where to head next. I suggested that, since it was a rainyish day, that we take a little driving tour of Seattle, since it had been a long time since my Grandma had been here. (At the time, I thought she had never been here, but I was wrong.) So, we head up North. Brent rarely comes to Seattle without at least asking if we can go to REI. (REI started up here so the flagship store is quite huge.) We all love REI too, so we pulled out our map and head to REI. It is a fun store to wander around.

After that, we called PF Chang's in Bellevue to see if they were open for lunch. They were!! Yummy Yummy food.

Brent took us past the Seattle Temple since neither of the visitors had ever been there. The grounds are beautiful, but since it was raining, we just looked out the window. We did see this GORGEOUS dogwood that had reddish-pink flowers. Normally the dogwood flowers are white. I love unusual plants!

On the way home we stopped at the Rhodedendron Species Garden. Not all the plants had started blooming yet, but it was still pretty. Brent and I also found a really pretty orange azalea that we planted on the side of our house. Here's some pretty pictures from there.

Day 2: Grandma is a cold blooded person. Brent and I are warm blooded people. Grandma was a little bit chilly. So, today we went to IKEA and found a warmer blanket for her. IKEA is an event! Very fun!!

Day 3: Since our growing season starts on April 15th, I thought it would be fun to go to a garden center and see the difference between Utah and Washington. Basically - a lot more plants! :) We went to Valley Nursery in Poulsbo. This is my favorite nursery so far. There are a lot of different things there. It was really fun. Then we looked around Poulsbo a little bit.

Day 4: And now for the prettiest day - the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Thursday was suppose to be the best day, so that's why we waited. It takes about 2 hours to get to the tulips. We took the Kingston Ferry over to the otherside of the water. Here are some pictures. They don't take much explaining.

Ok, this first one I'll explain. This guy offered to take our picture. He explained that families need to take pictures to remember good days. He was kind of a funny guy.

Apparently there were a lot of chances to take a picture of me, taking a picture. The flowers were so beautiful, I couldn't help it!



Mom wanted to take this picture of us, but Grandma didn't hear her, so I said, "Hey, Grandma, put the spurs on it!" She started laughing, and so did the people next to us. I'm so funny!
When we were walking through the tulip fields, the mud was crusted over, but must have been still squishy underneath. Grandma really liked the squishy mud! She's funny!
We had a great time at the Tulip Festival. There weren't as many tulip fields this time as the first time Brent and I went, but still awesome! If anyone ever wants to come up and see the tulips, let me know! I will go every year! Just remember, it feels a lot colder here - there's more humidity!!

Day 5: Our visitor's last day. We took the Bremerton ferry over to Seattle and saw the sights. We went through Pike's Place Market - pretty flowers, then went over to the Seattle Center. Grandma WANTED TO GO TO THE TOP OF THE SPACE NEEDLE. Ok. I just close my eyes in the glass elevator on the way up!
The red car in the picture, I even circled it, but it's hard to see, is my car. It looks funny from so far up!
After that, I dropped them off at the airport and I took a very full ferry back home.
We had a great time. Thanks for coming guys!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay! The blogging returns! Great pictures btw!!

Jess said...

Wow that was a great post! I LOVE all of the pictures and to hear all the fun things you guys had the opportunity to do. The flowers are soooo beautiful- Holy Moly! I'm so glad that you had such a great time with your mom and Grandma.

I really need to come to Seattle :)

P.S. Your hair is getting so long!! I think it looks SO cute.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Beautiful Pictures of the flowers!