Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Visiting the Family

As I said, our Yellowstone vacation ended in a trip to Utah to meet the newest member of our family - and the first "real" nephew - Jayson. Here's an ok picture of the little guy. He's way cuter than this. My camera has a red light before it flashes and it just fascinates the babies so I have a hard time getting really good pictures of really little ones.

I did take a cute one of Jayson and his big sister Rylee, but you can see up both their noses so I decided not to include it.

We got to Utah Thursday afternoon after getting stuck in a BUNCH of traffic because of road construction. I was always the one driving when we got stuck in yucky traffic. It was my unlucky time.

We spent a great evening with Brent's mom. It was fun to see her and catch up.

I spent Friday with my mom at Swiss Days in Midway. It's kind of a tradition for us. We had a great time. Well, except for the fact that it was soooo hot that I thought I would die! Then again, that made most of the people leave. Next time I'm going to be like the old ladies in Hawaii and take an umbrella.

Brent spent the day with his sister Julie. He picked her up from the airport and then they had the whole day together. This doesn't happen too often with them, so it was fun for Brent. I hope Julie liked it too.

Friday night, Brent met me and my parents at Carver's for dinner. It was yummy and fun to see them.

Saturday dawned and I wasn't feeling too good. So, everyone else got in the car, picked up Jared and Katie from the airport and went on to Ikea. Ikea isn't a store, it's an experience.

Jess, Rylee and Jayson came out that afternoon, so we got to spend some time with them. Isn't Rylee cute?

Apparently, Rylee is kind of naughty! It's just funny when it's not you! :)

I handed the baby to Brent, who doesn't really love babies, but... I'm just like that. It was so funny - Brent had his ankles crossed and Jayson's feet were crossed the same way. I didn't get a good picture of that, but here is the one I did get.

Jayson seems to realize that Brent is going to be a good friend when he gets big enough to play with.

Sunday was Jayson's blessing. It was a great morning. And when we came out, it was pouring, so we felt right at home. We ran to our car and got our umbrellas - Washingtonians are always prepared - and helped people get to Jess and Sean's. Sean made super yummy hamburgers and we had a great time just talking.

Little Miss Tayler was so excited to have so many people around to perform for. She called her mom "Little Bunny Foofoo" once. (Ok, I have no idea how you would spell that, but hopefully you understand.)

But, the time came for us to start heading up to Boise. Our vacation was coming to a close. As we were leaving, I got this cute picture of Jess and Jayson. If I was better at Photoshop, I would take out the cars in the background.
Then, all of sudden, we realized that there were a lot of the family there that day, so we had to document it. Just imagine Jenny and her family and Ryan and his family there and that's everyone! :)

So, we were off to Boise. It was a fairly boring drive, but we were excited to see the Moore people!!

When we got there, we watched those little kids perform for quite a while. Jen kept saying that they were acting like they never got visitors. It was funny!! They had to show me their trampoline and how fun it was. I took this opportunity to take some pictures.

I love Meg's face (the one in the orange shirt). She's the only one in focus. I love how cameras work sometimes.
Emmy is getting so big. She is a lot like a teenager now. We just sat and talked. It was so cool! Em and I have always been close. She was born a month before we got married. We have always had a good time together.
Ah Meggy. What can you say about her? She's a cutie! She's getting so old too. She's just fearless. I wish I was more like her!

Alyssa is getting so fun. She just jabbers and jabbers. When we were leaving, Emmy said she was going to come with us and Alyssa kept saying, "You can't take my Emmy!" And I said, "Do you want to come too?" To which she replied, "Do you have a car seat?" At least she will be safe.

We had to have a scrunch picture. I introduced those girls to the fun that is scrunch pictures!

These guys are good little posers. I didn't tell them to do this. Good job guys!

It was tough to leave, but we had to show that we really were there. If it looks like Brent is restraining Meg, he is. She was in a weird mood.

We had a great time with the family! We need to get together more often! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time hanging with Brent. It is wierd how it just worked out that we could hang just the two of us... has that ever happened before? Good times!

Jess said...

Thanks for all of the cute pictures and journaling.

We had such a wonderful time visiting with you too. Thank you again for coming and being with us. Love ya tons!

Cute cute pictures of Jen's kids!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!!
My girls are funny...they love it when family comes to visit!!!
You should move to Boise!! I couldn't live in Washington with those slugs...YUCK!

Good updating!!!