Friday, November 16, 2007

Hooray!!

A few weeks ago, we found out that my Grandma Cherryl has breast cancer. Luckily - if there is anything "lucky" about breast cancer - it was the least aggressive kind you could get and it was very small. So, they decided to do a lumpectomy. That happened today. I've been wandering around my house this morning waiting for the call that everything went well and she was fine. That call just came in. The doctors are very optimistic that they got it all and she will just have to go through a week of radiation to make sure. HOORAY!


As you probably know, this last couple of years haven't been too good for grandparents in our family. My Grandpa died last year, my Grandma earlier this year and Brent's Grandpa in September. You can probably guess that I was kind of a wreck lately. I'm so thankful that everything is looking good.

Court recently gave me this picture from 1994. (That's the year we graduated from high school.) Grandma looks pretty much the same.
And here she is now...

I love you Grandma! I so glad you're doing well!

3 comments:

Jess said...

We will keep her in our prayers as well. I am so glad that everything went well.

That is awesome! We love you Ash!

Anonymous said...

So glad everything looks good! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well! We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.