Monday, May 15, 2006

Bye Papa

Well, last week wasn't the greatest week for me. My grandpa passed away on May 7th. He hadn't really been sick, I just think he was tired with life. As my mom said at the funeral...he is now free from the body that gave out on him. So, it's good, but sad at the same time. (This picture is from a LONG time ago! If you can't tell, I'm the one on the left, my cousin Jennifer is on the right. Our moms took us to get pictures taken, but the photographer had a beard, so he scared us. We wouldn't stop crying until Grandpa held us.) That's my Papa!

I don't know why, but I knew that Grandpa had died while we were at church. I just started crying and crying. I knew that there would be a message on the answering machine when we got home. It was good to be prepared.

So, I went to work on Monday and told them I wasn't going to be there until the next Monday (today) because I had to go to my grandpa's funeral. I was completely prepared to quit if they had a problem with that, but luckily, they didn't.

My sweet Brent was such a help to me! He completely took over and even got two days off so he could come to the funeral with me. I am so lucky and thankful to have him as my husband! :)

We flew in on Tuesday and Grandpa's funeral was Wednesday. It was a nice graveside service. There were a lot of people there. Has to make you feel good, right? He was and is very loved and will be missed.

Brent flew home Wednesday afternoon and I staid until Friday. It was good to spend time with my family. Thank you all for your care and support to me through this time! I really do appreciate it.

Since all of my cousins were together for the first time in a long time, I made us get a picture taken. Starting from the left: Adam, James, Jenny, Me, Jennifer. Yep, that's all my cousins! Small family, I know. Cute picture though!

Court's birthday was on the 7th. Happy 30th Court! :) She happened to be in Utah on Tuesday, so we got to see each other for a few minutes on Tuesday night. It was fun. Unfortunately, I was mobbed by Sarah, so I didn't get to talk much to Court, but I was glad to see her. I don't know if my-cat-who-lives-with-my-parents George is over getting mauled by Chloe. She just loves cats! It's cute. Kyle loves boys. He didn't want to play with me, but he loved Brent. Lucky Brent!

Oh, I almost forgot. When we flew to Utah, we passed right by Mt Rainier. It was a gorgeous day and I think this is a cool picture!

So, I got home on Friday night. It was a really long week, but I couldn't relax because we had to speak on Mother's Day. I am not a huge fan of Mother's Day anyway and I especially don't like the consolation prize I get for being a girl over a certain age on Mother's Day. The talks went well. I really liked Brent's. It was cute! He really likes that mom of his. I like my mom too, but my talk was a little bit different. I just didn't feel like talking about mother's per se. I talked about great women in my life! Someone told me that it was one of the best talks they had ever heard. He's a really nice guy, so I'm pretty sure he says that to everyone, but it was still nice to hear.

We spent last night having chocolate cake and playing games with some new friends from our ward. It was quite fun. We played the phase 10 dice game. We have, of course, played Phase 10, but this was the first time with dice. Brent won. Beginners luck. I don't get that very often.

It was 80 today. A beautiful day! Too bad I was at work, not home working on our yard. Brent was home though since it's his day off. He really wanted to get this picture, so he sat at the table and waited until a hummingbird came up. We have a TON of them. (Or just one greedy one) When I was little, my Grandma Sally would make everyone stop in their tracks and be quiet so the hummingbird would eat. It was cute!

Have a great day! Sorry if this took forever to load, but I just wanted to catch up with the pictures!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Ash-
So sorry about your grandpa! I love the picture that you posted of you and your grandpa from long ago. Very sweet!

I tried to call you but your phone just went into voice mail. I should have left a message. I hope that you had nice trip.

Have a great week.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

What a very nice tribute. I’m so not so good with …. well …. much of anything serious, but I offer the most heartfelt sympathy for your loss. I hope you and your family are well.

We love you.

Courtney said...

I really like that picture of you and Jen with your grandpa. Way cute! That's neat that you have that. I knew right away who that cute curly haired baby was!! I liked the other pics too. It was weird to see your cousins because I remember them from about 10 years ago, so they look a little different in my mind.

Sorry Sarah was a bit overwhelming - you know how she gets! And I hope George is recovering as well. I think Chloe liked hanging out with your dad too. She's always been another one of those who likes men better than women. I'm sorry for the circumstances, but I'm glad we got to see each other!

You're the greatest-
Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ash and Brent...I, too am grateful for Brent for coming down and helping us out and just for the support he gave to all of us. Thanks, Brent - you are great! Thank you Ash for helping me get through the week and being there with your comfort and support...we miss you lots, but that makes it more special when you are with us.
This was a great blog. The pictures and sentiment are wonderful...Thanks!
Court, don't worry...George and Scott are both well and happy. They like to play with kids, too!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»