Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

As I was sitting at one of my many Young Women meetings tonight, I found out that President Hinckley died. It was amazing to be surrounded by the youth of our ward. We got a chance to sit and talk about President Hinckley and how much we love him and will miss him. It was a great BYD.

I just love President Hinckley. I loved his fun sense of humor. I loved how much you knew he loved you. I loved what he said and how he said it. Whenever I taught in Young Women's and there was a quote from President Hinckley, I would say, "You guys, I love President Hinckley." After a little while of that, they would say, "You love President Hinckley!" It was funny.

I know that President Hinckley was a prophet of God. And I know that the next prophet will be wonderful, but I'm sure going to miss President Hinckley's voice in the next conference!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's neat that you got to be with the youth and share thoughts and feelings.
Nice Blog Ashley!

Anonymous said...

He was such a special man. Caring, funny, smart, compassionate and a perfect testimony. You couldn't have had a better role model. He will be greatly missed by all - but I know he will be missed a lot by you. At least we have his words to remember him by. They are very comforting...
Love,
Mom

. said...

Isn't it amzaing that he did not know us personnally yet we all felt loved by him? He was an amazing man and will be missed!

Jess said...

I wish that he could have lived forever. He was such an amazing person and man did he live a life of service!

I am glad that you were there with the youth to talk to them about it. I am sure you love and testimony of him will stick in their minds forever.

Did you guys get pounded by snow? I just saw it on the news. I hope you guys are safe and dry :)

Love you!