Friday, July 18, 2008

And...We're Back

Ok, we've been back for almost a week now, but we've been having problems with our internet - they should be coming today so it's working better - and I've been busy getting back into "real life," so it's taken some time to get back to the blog.

Also, I have to apologize if you tried to load my blog with that HUGE picture in the title bar. Not too sure what happened. I was playing around with it and thought I'd deleted it, but...I guess not.

So, we just got back from a great vacation. We spent 5 days in beautiful Boise where Brent's family had a "family reunion" of sorts. All 21 of us in the same place at the same time. What was the occasion? Our niece Meggy got baptised. Thanks for choosing to be baptised so we could all have a party Meggers!

(Since I've had such a boring life as of late, I'm going to stretch this trip into many blogs. Just so you're prepared.)
This is the woman of the hour...Meghan! She was so excited to get baptised. It was fun to be around her.

What is a get-together without some video games. Julie brought her Wii and we brought our controllers and games. I think Mario Cart won the fun game award. We have a competitive bunch of people so there was some smack-talking and tears, but we all ended up smiling.
You also must play some duck duck goose on the trampoline. It makes it easier to fall and more fun to almost be bounced off the tramp. But, it always seems to end with...

A pile up. I guess Brent's out.
We also found out that if there are three brothers together and a trampoline, fun will be had. Even though the youngest of these brothers is 26 and they should all know better. (Ok, now that I wrote how old Jared is, I'm not 100% sure that's right...how old are you?) That is until Jared almost breaks his finger. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. And then, as Brent likes to say, it's really fun.

And with that, I end this amazing blog. Tune in next time for....family pictures!

5 comments:

Jess said...

and.. i'm so glad that you are back. I can't wait to hear how the rest of your vacation was.

It was SO fun to see you guys.

Jess said...

and.. i'm so glad that you are back. I can't wait to hear how the rest of your vacation was.

It was SO fun to see you guys.

Katie & Jared said...

Cute Blog Ash. You almost had Jared's age right. If he hadn't just had his birthday you would have been right. But he is 27 now.

And his finger did finally heal. It was black and blue for a few days though. And it was pretty funny how it happened. Not just anyone is talented enough to bust their finger that way. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Ashley!!
Why is it that when the brothers all get together they become "dorky deacons" all over again?!!
I guess dad's "hey come look at my dumb kid" wasn't too far off!!!!
Keep the fun pictures coming. We want to see the rest of your adventure.

Anonymous said...

Great blog Ashley. Oh, and Jared and I are now 27... you were close!