Thursday, July 24, 2008

Even More Family Fun

Ok, so yesterday I said that I was going to post all of the pictures from the family time of our trip, but, since I'm a crazy picture taker, there were just too many pictures. So here's some more. (Remember, these are only my favorite pictures. Good thing for digital!)

On Tuesday, we got up and ready pretty early, especially with that 7 kids, and made our way to the Nature Center in Boise. Jen knew it would be the perfect place for me because:

1) There were a lot of pretty flowers there. My favorite. The Plant Lady lives!

2) There was a pressed penny machine there! Someday I'll explain the extent of my pressed penny fascination, but for now, let's just say that I collect them. A lot of them. Anyway, if you want to read about another pressed penny incident, go here.

Don't you love that picture of the girlies? I think they look so cute. Oh, and the new header on my blog is a picture from the nature center too.

Being the Auntie that I am, I wanted to share my love of every penny that is pressed and get the girls some. Rylee lost hers in the car right after, but hopefully she found it.

Alyssa and Rylee just crack me up. They see a pelt of a mountain lion and the first they they do is:

a) run away screaming

b) get a little grossed out because it's the skin of an animal. (Oh wait, that's me.)

or c) stick their fingers in the mouth.

You guessed right, c. The crazy little girls.

As we were standing there a girl came out with this...let's see...gopher snake? I can't remember and I can't see it too well. Anway, a snake. Tayler, Rylee and Alyssa ran right up to touch it. Rylee looks at me and says, "Touch it" with a funny glint in her eye. I touched it then she looked at her mom and Jenny and said, "Touch it." Ahh, that's what she was expecting as they said, "No thanks Rylee." She smiled. I'm not scared of no stinking snakes...a spider, now that's a different story that I've had to get over living in the trees.

Why does Brent look so annoyed in this picture? Well, I'll tell you. On the 4th, Jared, Katie, Julie, Mom, Emmy, me and Brent (that wasn't very good English, but oh well) set out to find the Chili's for Molten Chocolate Cake. Brent "knew where it was." Well, his lead boogers let him down this time and we couldn't find it. We ended up buying ice cream from WinCo and calling it a night. So, when we actually found the Chili's, we were very exciting. I wanted to let everyone who was there on the 4th know that now we really do know where it is. :)

And then we got to eat the fruit of our labors. It made it all worth it! Yummy! If only there was a Chili's by us. It would be amazing!
Ok, enough family fun, let's get onto our vacation. Tune in tomorrow. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love the Found it picture... that is classic! Brent we still love you!

Katie & Jared said...

I'm so glad to hear that you found the Chili's and that you were smart enough to make a sign to take with you so you could take a nice picture at Chili's. We just love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for us and finding Chili's !!!
What a great reunion...we love all the pictures and all the blogs from everyone's perspective!
That picture will be a classic forever and will become a family favorite in the years to come!!!

Jess said...

I am loving your new header picture. That is so pretty. I could sit and stare for hours at it.

I'm so glad that we had 1 more day with you and Brent. You guys are so great and hooray for finding Chili's.

Love you guys!

Draper Family said...

Sounds like your perseverance paid off for you. It has been a long time since talking to you and I'm glad that you guys are doing good!