Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And Now for the Rest of the Family Story

We spent quite a few fun days with Brent's family. We even took a family picture with all 21 one of us. The gal who took the picture used to live in Port Orchard and went to the ward right next to our ward. Such a small world.
It was a busy morning for everyone, so I was helping Jess get her kids ready for the picture. She asked me to do Tay's hair because she has curly hair and .... hey .... I have curly hair. Jessica had every confidence in my hair doing ability. I was not as sure, because of the reasons I've said here. But I thought I'd give it a try. Her hair turned out really cute. And I even used a curling iron without burning Tayler or me. Yeah me! Maybe I am a girl.
We hadn't had a picture taken in over 5 years. There weren't as many people in that one. We look pretty cute. And, I'm not the only one with dark hair now. Thanks Marcela! :)
Since I hate the picture that the photographer took of us (I mean, couldn't she tell that Brent looked like the hunchback of notre dame?), I won't bother you with it. But I do like this one. We're so cute together!
I love this picture. Even though Julie's eyes are shut. Sorry Julie. Aren't they a cute bunch?

After pictures, it was time for the "main event," Meggy's baptism. We're so proud of her for choosing to be baptised. It was so nice to be there with her! Thanks for letting us be there for your big day!

Doesn't she look great?

I took a bunch of pictures and I tried to narrow them down to my favorites for the rest of the blog. So...here's we go...

This is Cayden, one of our nephews. You probably can't see that there is a huge line of drool coming out of his mouth. He's also holding a rubber snake. Apparently he liked chewing on electric cords, which could be dangerous for his health, so his very smart parents found this snake that looked like an electric cord. Ingenious!
Here's Emmy. She'll be 11 on Monday. Wowie! Where has the time gone. It's so much fun to be able to sit and talk to her like a "normal" person now! She's so good with her little cousins. I just adore her!
This is Jayson. He turned 1 yesterday. Happy Birthday little man! He has the greatest ears. I think he looks a lot like Brent's Grandpa. He's always smiling and when Jess says "hi" to him, he mimics the sound in the cutest way.
Here is an action shot of Reyes who turned 2 on Monday. Happy Birthday little one. (I do have pictures from that day...I'll get there.) Reyes LOVES to jump on the trampoline! She would jump all day if you let her. We love being able to hang around with her a little more than the rest of the kids. It's great!
Here's Rylee. Rylee can be, well, let's just say, stubborn. She did not want to smile for a picture, so this is the best I could do. It is quite funny though. I love how Rylee has her own little mind. She knows what she wants and she knows how to get it.
Here's little Tayler who started first grade on Monday. She has the sweetest heart. Coming from someone who will cry at the drop of the hat, I just love another squishy soul. She'll just come up to you and snuggle up. I love that!

And Alyssa. She is the funniest little thing. The first thing she said to me was, "Do you have a convertible?" And she loves to call Brent a "gungan." (This all began when Star Wars came out and has been passed down to Lyss.) Don't you love this picture? I do!And Eli. He's 3 months old now and this was the first time we met him. He's a snuggly little guy that just worms his way into your heart. He loved sleeping on me, peeing on me and spitting up on me. I only liked the first one. :)

Let's see if I got everyone? Yep, that's all 9 of the nieces and nephews. Whew! I have a few more pictures, but I'm tired and I'm sure you are too. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

John and Laura said...

Fun! I love the new header. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These pictures are awesome! Thank you for posting them ... it's been forever since I've seen the entire Linton clan ... could you send me a bigger version of the family photo so I could get a better look at everybody?

Jenny Moore said...

Great pictures and description Ashley!
You are a great aunt and very well loved by all the nieces and nephews (Eli is sorry for the peeing and puking!)

Katie & Jared said...

Love the blog Ash! We have the cutest nieces and nephews!

Anonymous said...

Love all those cute kids!

Jess said...

What a cute post!! I know I speak for everyone when I say you are such a wonderful Aunt in EVERY way.

Thank you SO much for helping me out that morning. You were awesome.

I love the picture of you and Brent that you took. Very cute!