Monday, October 27, 2008

Just Funny

Brent worked all weekend and we've just been to the zoo this week - I'm sure you're tired of the animal pictures by now - so here's just something funny.

My friend forwarded these to me and they made me laught. Before you read them though, I just wanted to say ... I'm from Utah, so don't get upset. This is just suppose to be funny. (Our friends had a bad experience driving through Idaho and when he wrote about it on his blog, an Idahoian freaked out on him.)

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September to May, you live in Utah. (This was actually the Shivers up the street from our house.)

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Utah.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Utah. (Yeah, I've done that.)

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Utah. (Guilty, but sometimes I don't recognize people's voices so I have to listen for a minute to figure out who they are. By the time I realized that I didn't know them, it was already too late.)

If 'vacation' means going anywhere south of Salt Lake City for the weekend, you live in Utah.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Utah.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Utah. (I even know someone who was hit by a deer.)

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Utah. (Hasn't everyone done that?)

If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both doors unlocked, you live in Utah. (I'm too much of a worry wart to do that.)

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Utah. (And they forgot to say something about yelling at everyone else who can't drive in the snow.)

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Utah. (It was always hard to figure out what I could be for Halloween.)

If the speed limit on the highway is 75 mph -- you're going 80, and everyone is still passing you, you live in Utah. (I wouldn't know because I'm always the one passing them.)

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Utah.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Utah. (I hate road construction. Especially when Brent worked in West Jordan and we lived in Salt Lake and there was the I-15 Luge. YUCK!)

If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly' you live in Utah. (Holy cow, that's me!)

I hope these made you smile. Have a great day!

4 comments:

John and Laura said...

Hey, if you hate Utah that much, why don't you ... go around next time?! Jack to you, buddy!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. No really, I tried.

Jess said...

Okay those really are funny! I love it. I was thinking about the hot and cold one yesterday when I flipped the air conditioner back on.

Thank Ash!

Anonymous said...

So true! I am guilty of a few of those and I definitly love the four seasons of Utah. Too funny!

Jenny Moore said...

So funny and so true!!
How can you get offended by some of those?
So the people that got hit by a deer..was that us?!!!