Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Columbus Day Spook-tacular!

I'm going to warn you now, this is going to be a LONG post! I have a lot to say.

First of all, my ode to Columbus Day.

Oh Columbus Day...you obscure holiday
Where everyone is at work, but the postman and you
Columbus Day, Columbus Day
I love you!
Ok, that's kind of dumb, but I do love Columbus Day. It's one of the days Brent gets off of work. And, this year was even cooler. Brent is here in San Diego to work. That's the whole point. No taking days off, no nothing. He's here to be at their beck-and-call. (Is that how you would spell that?) So, when he told me a couple of weeks ago that he was for sure going to have Columbus Day off, I immediately started planning something to do.

I pulled out my San Diego book and found an entry on Julian. It's in the mountains - well, mountains for Southern California. It is a mining town and has an apple festival this time of year. What could be more fun?

So Friday night comes along and Brent gets home, planning on working on Saturday. The phone rings and it's his boss asking him if he could work on Sunday instead. At first I thought he was asking him to work on Monday and I was going to be mad because I had a plan. (I'm bad with my plans getting changed.) Then the phone rings a couple of hours later and his boss says that he doesn't have to go in Sunday either. A THREE DAY WEEKEND?? That is so awesome!

Brent says, "Why don't we go to Julian on Saturday?" Heck ya!
As I said, Julian has an apple festival this time of year so you have to get pie... (I'm not an apple pie fan, but Brent loves it. I have to admit, this apple pie isn't that bad. I don't know how I feel about Brent eating it for breakfast, but...)

The apple cider was my favorite part! It was so yummy, and kind of cold out so it was nice to have something warm to drink.
I call this picture "Temptation." Right before I took the picture, the horse had reached out and taken a bite. Hilarious!
Julian was so much fun. So busy, but fun. We had a great time.

When we were driving home, Brent sort of nonchalantly asked if I would like to go to Disneyland on Monday. Are you serious? Of course I want to go to Disneyland. So, we get home, find a place to stay on Sunday night and I'm too excited to sleep!

Sunday was good. Church was interesting. I'm not used to going to Relief Society anymore. Interesting discussion...anyway.

Disneyland! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

We're here! The park opened at 9a, and that's when we got there. The lines were really long to get in, but once we got in, it thinned out a big.

I'm not going to bore you with our amazing Disney day, but it was so much fun. I had a "Disney hang-over" yesterday. Brent's feeling it today. It was so much fun. We went on all the rides we wanted to at least once. And the crowds weren't really that bad since it was Columbus Day. But, I am going to bore you with some more pictures!

They just re-did the submarine ride to be a Finding Nemo ride. The lines were LONG to get on and I'm not 100% sure that it was worth standing in line for, but we had to try it out. I loved these seagulls on the buoy. Every once in a while they would say, "Mine." Hee hee.

I think the castle looks better in the dark. There was suppose to be a firework spectacular over the castle at night, but it was too windy.


Earlier in the day (when it was warmer), we waited in line for Splash Mountain. When we were in the home stretch, they announced that they had to shut down the ride. We kept checking back and it didn't open again until it was dark. We went on it anyway and apparently all the cards were right for a VERY WET RIDE! We both didn't dry out until we got home. It was fun though.

The end of an amazing Disney day! You're the best Brent!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair...you bet me to Disneyland!! But it will be in Christmas attire when we get there. Sounds like you had a nice weekend - thanks to the obsure Columbus Day Holiday...glad Brent got the whole weekend off!!

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having so much fun!!!
We had apple pie for Sunday dinner and definitely for breakfast!!! It's a Linton thing!!!
Thanks for sharing your fun!!

Angel said...

Yay for Disneyland! I was wondering how long it would take for you to get there. Was it fun with the Halloween theme?

Courtney said...

I'm glad you got to go - and that Brent had a 3 day weekend! Those are the best!! We did our Disneyland trip 5 years ago on the wonderful Columbus Day weekend too. :)

Jess said...

Hooray for Disneyland. I am so glad that you had a fun time. I'm glad the lines weren't too bad.
We did splash mountain later too and it was dark and then cold afterwards.

Hooray for Brent having the weekend off.

Loves!

Anonymous said...

Way to be sporatic and go to Disneyland!

I'm not so sure you can be part of the family if you don't like apple pie for breakfast Ashley! :^)