Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Our Time

I have learned a couple of this this past week.

The first one is that some weeks you just don't feel like doing anything - even if you are in a new place. Last week was one of those weeks. Neither Brent nor I felt like doing ANYTHING that we didn't have to do. It was kind of nice though. But, I feel like we really need to do stuff while we're here.

Next, I love to watch conference. I just sit and watch and feel the Spirit and just love it. I always put the MP3's on my iPod and listen to them over and over. The dorky thing is...I get sad when I have to take the last conference off of my iPod. I'm a dork. Wasn't conference awesome? I loved it. I thought the theme was kind of - It will be ok if you follow the commandments and keep the Holy Ghost with you. I definitely needed to hear that, what with our bank failing and all.

NEVER GO TO THE SAN DIEGO ZOO IN OCTOBER. I mean, if you are only here in October and you really want to go to the zoo, then you should go, but be ready for a huge crowd. Why you ask? October is the month where kids under 11 get in for free. I thought, "Well, the weekends will be busy, but not the weekdays since they are in school." Boy, was I wrong. It was SOOO BUSY yesterday that I really didn't have as much fun. The polar bears were playing, so that should have been fun, but people kept walking in front of me or pushing me so I couldn't see. Bah! And, with all the kids, they were being bad. Climbing up things that they shouldn't be climbing and kicking things they definitely shouldn't be kicking, like ducks. And no adults saying anything. Again...bah!

Here are some pictures from happier times at the zoo:
I love this picture because you can really see Brent's blue eyes. I'm a sucker for blue eyes. Probably because mine are so dark.

Here we are on the skyride at the zoo. I am not a fan of heights, but this is the quickest and least steep way to get to the polar bears, so...


I can't survive without plants in my house. Maybe it's just that I need something to take care of.


This is Fernando. We got him at Ikea. That's how we came up with the name. Ikea is Swedish and Abba is Swedish and they sang a song called Fernando. Amazing how my brain works.

I need to stop blogging and start working on Christmas presents. I have a lot to do and I'm running out of time. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Christmas?? AH!

Wasn't conference so great? As always.

I love your temple pictures...you are such a good photographer. But what's all that blue stuff in the background?? Hahaha

Jess said...

I love time to just do nothing. It doesn't happen often, but it is great.

Thanks for the tip on the zoo. I'll remember that next time I'm in San Diego in Oct. Love the pictures. Brent, that mask looks great on you!

Thanks for the b-day cards to Sean and I. You guys are the best.

Enjoy the down time. Loves!

Courtney said...

There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, Fernando
They were shining there for you and me
For liberty, Fernando
Though I never thought that we could lose
There’s no regret
If I had to do the same again
I would, my friend, Fernando
Yes, if I had to do the same again
I would, my friend, Fernando...

Anonymous said...

Great picture Brent! I love that you bought a plant... you crack me up! I'm totally going to have to buy some green when I go to Kuwait!