Monday, November 10, 2008

What Fun We Had!

Isn't it great to have a friend who you can just sit and talk to for hours? I just love that about me and Court. We've known each other for more than half our lives. (Sarah was so amazed when Court told her that.) She's a great person and a good friend. I'm lucky to have her in my life. Ok, ok, enough mushy stuff.

Court has lived here in San Diego before. So our goal was to do other stuff that she hadn't done while she was here. I think we accomplished that.
Our first stop was a great hike in Torrey Pines State Reserve. It was so pretty to be walking along and there is the ocean. Very nice. We were glad that we went earlier in the morning because it could have been very hot.
Isn't that pretty? It says in the book that you can sometimes see whales and dolphins from this point. None that day, but wouldn't that have been awesome?

Court and I also got pedicures. Actually the best pedicures either of us have ever had! So nice and relaxing! (I'm actually going back to the same place to get my hair cut on Wednesday. I hope it turns out good!)

We spent a lot of time at Balboa Park, and we didn't even go to the zoo! We went to a Japanese Garden, an Art Museum and this Botanical Building. There are a lot of things to do in Balboa Park.
We thought that it would be fun to do a really touristy thing, so this is what we found. In Seattle there is the Duck Tour that I always thought would be fun. So, we got to go on a Seal Tour. We both thought it was really fun. Our tour guide was funny and VERY knowledgeable. That made it nice.
This picture is from before the tour went out. There was a lot of wind during so my hair looked a lot bigger than it does here. The tour guide showed a picture of Phyllis Diller to show us what we would look like when we got back from the tour. She was right!


While on the tour, they take you by a bait shop where all the pelicans, cormorants and sea lions hang out. I think that's rather smart of them. I mean, that way you will always see animals on the tour. Makes people happy.
The sea lions weren't moving around much when we saw them, but ... we did see them.
We even got to see the area where Brent was working. We waved.
And now I'm back to real life. Now I get to look forward to my parent's visit. It's only 2 weeks away!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny Moore said...

How fun for you and Courtney!!
Friends are the best!!