Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Best Birthday Gift Ever

I am a planner. I love to know what's going on and what I need to do for it. And when I can't plan, I get a little crazy. Just ask the poor guy at the post office that I had to finally walk away from. (I thought I was growing out of my temper.) Good thing Brent was there to finish up the transaction.

So, TDY's are kind of hard on me. You just can't make any definite plans. You're suppose to go home one day, but you actually could go home any other time. Our original plan was to go home on the 15th. Then it was the 19th. Then there was even talk of the project not being done until Christmas. (This was when I told Brent that he needed to stop telling me rumors because they just stressed me out.)

I've been going along hoping that we would at least be able to go home on the 15th, like my original plan. Because ... I had it all planned out.

But, as always, you can't plan anything during a TDY trip. Brent called me last night and said, "We're going home on Friday." Woho! (This was a good change for once.) And here's the coolest part. Friday is my birthday, which means....birthday at Disneyland. Both Brent and I need some time together and to just relax before our long trip home, so we're spending two days in the Happiest Place on Earth. That makes for quite a happy birthday.

Now, I'm just trying to adjust my plans, because...I'm a planner. I've marked off all the really important stuff on my list and now we just have to pack. Packing is mostly Brent's job because he's really good at it (all those years of playing tetrus), so I'm pretty much done. One more trip to the zoo and I'm good.

San Diego has been fun, but I miss seasons. I know in my head that it's December, but I just can't believe it. I'm looking forward to going home.

:)

4 comments:

Tina said...

Tetris! Haha!
Seasons! Guess what? It's supposed to snow the weekend!

I'm so glad you guys are coming home...John just might be more happy though. He just may have prayed you home early. :)

Anonymous said...

Disneyland relaxing???? A lot of fun, but I don't know about relaxing! Glad you get to go home and that you get to go to Disneyland on your birthday (and get a pin!!) Have a safe and careful trip home. (can't you just make a little detour to Utah???)
Love you!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Ash! We love you tons and tons. You and brent are the best. Thank you so much for the postcards and we rec'd the package ysterday. My kids have been staring at the presents non-stop. I hope you have a magical time at Disneyland today.

Loves!!

. said...

Yeah for a set plan! I've learned that you have to be flexible working for the government, because plans can change last minute and they often do! It frustrates me, too!

Anyway, happy, happy birthday at Disneyland. What a cool way to end your trip. Enjoy and drive safe!