Monday, December 08, 2008

We Are So Thankful for Disneyland

What did you do this Thanksgiving? I went to Disneyland. Bet you didn't go to Disneyland. :)

My parents wanted to go to Disneyland while they were here in So. Cal., so we thought that the best day for Brent to actually be able to go with us would be Thanksgiving. And so our new tradition began. I wish.

A few things about Disneyland on Thanksgiving. It is not busy AT ALL! Which was AWESOME! I am definitely not a fan of the crowds. I can deal with them because we're in Disneyland, but I don't like them.

And, you can get a turkey dinner with all the trimmings there too. Perfect!
Our first stop was Space Mountain. Mom decided to just meet us at the end, but Dad came on it with us. He kind of wished he hadn't ... it might have been a little much for his first ride of the day. Sorry.

We also decided to go on Splash Mountain before the sun went down. Dad sat this one out, but Mom braved the 50 foot drop. We didn't get as wet this time, which I was fine with. I like Splash Mountain, but I hate having to dry off forever! (Brent did get a little wet on his leg and it took it a while to dry up because of his pockets.)

For some reason, my favorite ride has always been Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't know why, I just like it. The people who took this picture didn't get that we wanted the Pirates sign in the picture. See...we should just take our own. What did I do before digital cameras?

My mom's favorite ride is Small World. Not mine. Brent has never been on it because he has only come with me and I don't like. But, after being told that it was a lot more fun during Christmas, we decided to give it a go.


See...look how happy they look to be going on the ride.


The also told us that you didn't hear the Small World song over and over again. You did hear a couple of Christmas songs too, but you still heard that song over and over!


I like how the kids are singing with an English accent. Funny. (Brent was pretty horrified that I was going to subject everyone else to Small World, but you don't have to watch it, right?)

To me, this is the best way to see the Small World ride. It looks nice all decorated for Christmas!

That's about it for our Thankful Disney Day. It was great fun. We might have stayed a little bit too long for my dad, but he could sleep on the way home! Oh, and the new topper for my blog is the Princess Castle with Christmas lights on.

We also went to see the Twilight movie, well, not Brent. He was working. My dad really liked it and is now going to read all the books. Maybe not. I thought it was pretty good. I thought they did a good job of making it into a movie.

:) And so ends the time with my parents. We are winding down our trip here to sunny San Diego. Guess we're going to have to see what else we want to do before heading home. (I'm a lot happier this week. Brent found out yesterday afternoon that he didn't have to work last night and just has to work regular swings this week. Yeah!)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay for regular swing shift!! And for you coming home soon! I can't wait until we can take the kids to Disneyland again. Especially since you've told us all about the new Buzz Lightyear stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey...no making fun of "It's a Small World!" (BTW Pirates is my favorite - but I do like It's a Small World!) It was a fun day...we are THANKFUL for Disneyland!! I am glad that you are heading home and that you get to see Disneyland one more time before you go. You are getting up there in visits close to me (well, you probably have at least 10 more to go to catch me...but close!!
Love you!

. said...

Very fun! You really should make a trip to Disney World- if you love Disney Land so much, there is 4 times the fun (with 4 parks) at Disney World!

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the Simpsons when they go to Duff Land.

"Duff Beer for me, Duff Beer for you. I'll have a Duff, you have one too."

Over and over and over.

:)
Jenn