Sunday, December 07, 2008

Fun With My Parents Part 2

Just a note on my last blog. I had to correct what I called that antelope because I'm kind of snotty when people call a chimpanzee a monkey. So, I had to be snotty with myself. :)

So, to continue my fun time with my parents, on Wednesday we went to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps. It's a nice little aquarium that is a little over priced for what you get...if you ask me. It was fun none the less.
My new camera has an aquarium setting, so I had some fun trying that out. It really does work!
Maybe I should have turned this picture around. I can't remember which way is suppose to be up, but now that I look at it, it doesn't look right. Oh well.

Come on, that's a cool picture of an octopus, if I do say so myself.

And you have to have a scrunch picture! We have people stop and ask us all the time if we would like them to take a picture of us. Sometimes people look a little annoyed when I say no, but scrunch pictures are kind of a thing with us. Thanks anyway!

As we were driving to the aquarium, Dad noticed some signs that said Torrey Pines. To him, this meant a lot. To me, it was just a great place to go hiking. To those of you who are not golf enthusiasts, Torrey Pines Golf Course is a world famous place. They even has the US Open there this year. (And yes, Tiger was there. Here's an aside. One day my dad called me up and said, "I just found out something that's amazing." "What's that?" I answer. "Tiger Woods is the same age as you are. Isn't that amazing? I can't believe he's that young!" I had nothing to say to that because I had never really wondered how old he was nor did I think it was amazing, but I thought it was cute that my dad did.) Anyway, we had to stop so he could admire the amazing golf course.

I like this picture of my dad. He was so happy to just watch other people golf. He kept saying to me, "Did you see where that guys ball went?" To which I had to reply, "I didn't even see him hit it." Sorry Dad. I know I'm your only son, but at least I'm a car-gal!

As we were walking out of the golf shop, Dad stopped, took off his glasses, posed next to this trophy and said, "Take a picture." So, I did, not really knowing what I was taking a picture of. Apparently this is the US Open trophy. Again, very cool to a golf enthusiast, but...

You may be curious, as I was, about how much it costs to golf at Torrey Pines Golf Course. This world famous golf course costs $200 to play 18 holes. Wowie! You must really have to be a HUGE, and rich, golf enthusiast in order to actually play there. It did have a nice view of the ocean though!

And tomorrow I'm going to explain why we were thankful for Disneyland this year.

6 comments:

Angel said...

Way cool picture of the octopus!

Courtney said...

K - that aquarium setting on your camera is a totally awesome feature. Those were great pictures!! I'm glad your dad got to visit the world famous Torrey Pines golf course too. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dad was like a kid in a toy factory with Torrey Pines! Thanks for taking us over there. He wore his hat golfing this weekend and thought he was cool!!

Love!

Tina said...

I think you are having WAY too much fun down there! I LOVE the aquarium setting...I hope mine has that option. I should tell Santa about it.

And I love the new top picture. It looks like an ice castle.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures really are awesome... your camera is pretty fancy!

I love your Dad's excitement about the golf course. I can totally relate, becuase that is how I felt when I was outside the gate of Wimbledon!

Anonymous said...

I think you have the Jellyfish upside down.

:)

Cute pictures.