Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Happiest Birthday on Earth

Since we are probably going to be snowed in for a couple of days (church has already been cancelled), and we may not have power during that time - keep your fingers crossed - I thought I'd take a minute to talk about how wonderful Disneyland is when you go on your birthday. In fact, in 2009, you can get in for free on your birthday. That's quite the deal. Anyway, on to my story...


You can get a really great pin like this one...

The pin alone is a great reason to go to Disneyland on your birthday, but there are other perks.

1) A lot of the "Cast Members" will say happy birthday to you. That may be annoying to some people, but I like it. At the Astro Blaster, they even said that I was a "Birthday Ranger." (Astro Blaster is based on Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger.)

2) If you got to Disney's California Adventure (that's such a mouthful) and go to see how they make Mission Tortillas, you will receive not the normal 1 freshly made tortilla, but 10. My dad works at Mission so we already buy their tortillas, but if we didn't before, we would now.


There is nothing better than warm tortillas!

3) You can get birthday cake at Disneyland. Granted, you have to pay for it, but it's still fun!


The cake also comes with a great bucket full of birthday joy.

and 4) Brent let me beat him at Astro Blasters. If you haven't been on this ride, I will try to explain it. You have "laser guns" that you shoot at targets throughout the ride. You are trying to stop the evil Emperor Zurg. It keeps track of your points so you can see who won. We've been on this ride quite a few times and Brent usually wins, but this time...


I almost doubled his score! Take that evil Emperor Zurg! (At the end of the ride you can have the picture emailed to you for free. I like that so much better than the $15 you normally have to spend on the pictures they take.)

We also found a really fun ride in DCA that is new since we've been there. It's called Midway Madness and it's based on Toy Story. It's a 3-D ride where you play different games like ring toss and darts. It's hard to explain but really fun. The wait is also usually really long, but worth it.


All in all, I think that Disneyland is the Happiest Birthday Place on Earth! I think we might have filled our Disneyland quota for a while though.

Hope you are all keeping warm and happy. I also hope that you have snow plows where ever you are. We sure don't here. Merry 5 days before Christmas!

Oh, and don't let me forget to tell you about the evil yeti who stole my button - again!

I almost forgot to mention how I had to hike out of my neighborhood yesterday so I could meet Court to go shopping. The kids in our neighborhood like to sled down our road. It's nice a steep so you get going pretty fast, but that also makes it SUPER icy. (I also think it's really dangerous, but that's just me. Little old no kids.) So, not only is the road snow packed (since we apparently don't have snow plows in our town), but icy in spots. Awesome. We did get the 4-wheel drive truck out today, but I think my car may be in for a "long winter's nap." Ok, enough add-ons. I guess I'll go play Lego Star Wars with Brent now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great birthday.

Have fun staying in... snow days every now and then can be quite nice- Enjoy!

Courtney said...

What button? Who stole it? I'm glad your b'day was so much fun! I can't wait to be able to take the kids there - hopefully 2009!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you got to enjoy your "snow day" and hopefully things are better for you this week. Yes, I think we need to all say...enough snow already!!! (and it just became Winger!) I can't believe the Yeti stole ANOTHER button from you!! Evil Yeti!!!
Be careful in the snow!
Love, Mom

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

Welcome Home Ashley!

It sounds like Disney Birthdays are the best! Missed you! That is so cool that Cort put up all your Christmas decorations.
Have fun in all this snow we have been having!

Jess said...

That does look like a blast! I am so glad that you had such a great time. Those are a lot of perks too.
I wish that we were snowed in. That would be awesome, but alas the snow plows are out again.
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow. At least it's pretty. That's about all I have to say about it. Love you guys! Merry Christmas. Don't you worry your b-day present is on its way. The post office and I don't like each other so it's hard for me to go. :)