Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Memories

I was reminded today that I haven't told the story of the infamous Yeti. Well, here goes...

Let's go back to the year 1981, I was...well, let's just say I was quite young, and we were going to Disneyland for my first time. I was so excited. While in Disneyland, my parents bought me a big Donald Duck button that I wore with pride, Donald being my favorite of the Disney gang - I think that was because my grandpa could do a really good impression of Donald. We had a wonderful time going on different rides all day, me with my prized Donald Duck pin. Then, the fateful ride on the Matterhorn came. When we got off the ride, my pin was gone. And in my little child mind, one of the yetis had taken it and were wearing it proudly. I was DEVASTATED. I have disliked those darn yetis since then.

Fast forward quite a few years to 2008. I am back at Disneyland and I also have a button...this time it says Happy Birthday on it. We go on California Screamin' (a super fun roller coaster) and when we get off, no button. It was very sad. I was again reminded of the small child who thought that the yeti had stolen her button. I think they may have come over to California Screamin' and stolen my button again. Those darn yetis!

Brent went back to try to find my button, but it was gone. Luckily the "cast members" made me a new one. Crisis resolved!

Ok, I didn't promise it would be a good story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the infamous Yeti...he goes along with the shark and your jelly shoe. Bad Yeti...bad shark!! Glad you got another button! Love ya!