Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dinner and Fun

Julie suggested that Brent and I go do something fun and take some pictures. The picture part isn't hard, but it seems that the going out part kind of is. Between renewed home improving (Brent is now working on our basement bathroom), nearly 2 feet of snow, and Christmas, we just couldn't seem to find the time to get out. I really wanted to go down to Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium because they do zoo lights and I thought that would be fun. But as January 4th (the last day of zoo lights) loomed, I started to think that wasn't going to be what we were going to do for fun. Fortunately, I looked online and they had extended zoo lights for another week because of all the snow. YEAH! Here we come.

First off...dinner at Applebee's. (This picture is for you Jules!)

I have to do many inventive things to get Brent in pictures. I'm pretty proud of myself for thinking of this one!

Then off to the zoo. I must admit, it's kind of hard to find in the dark. Apparently, we need to go there more often. We did finally find it though. And this is what we found....

W0000wwww! Isn't it gorgeous! Christmas lights and a zoo. What could be better. The only animal we did see though was a wolf, but we still knew they were there.
Oooooooohhhhhhh....

Ahhhhhh.... If you ask me, Christmas lights are almost better than fireworks. They're not as noisy or smelly. :)

And to prove that we really were there....


Brent had the camera set to take three pictures in a row, so we held up some people as they were walking along. Oops.

Well, I would definitely recommend going to a zoo near you if they mention that they are doing zoo lights. It's well worth the time! We're making this a yearly tradition.

Thanks again Julie!

4 comments:

Katie & Jared said...

So fun!!! I wanted to go to the Denver Zoo and see the lights there but we never made it. It looks like you guys had a fun night though!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time and you got to see the lights with no snow...although I kind of think the snow adds to the atmosphere. We didn't do Zoo Lights this year but maybe next!!

Love you!

Jess said...

Sounds like a wonderful outting. That would be pretty to see the lights at a zoo. Too bad you couldn't see the animals. I love the finger picture. Very creative indeed.
Julie is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for pictures and a fun evening! You are definitely creative Ashley- love the Applebee's picture.

Nothing better then great times and pictures to capture the memories!

Thanks for the recap!
You're welcome!