Sunday, March 29, 2009

It Just Made Me Laugh

I know that I've been teasing you about Portland for awhile now, but....this one isn't about it...yet. I might get to it tonight, but I just had to tell you my funny story.

One of my friends is having a baby - her 5th girl - so when it came time for the shower, she decided that she didn't really need anything but diapers and wipes. Good idea I think.

Awhile back I was going to get some diapers for another friend who was having a baby, so I asked Court what kind I should get. When I went to the store and looked at how much diapers cost, and how cute a little outfit was - I went with the outfit. I just love buying baby clothes. They're just so little. And, I kind of think the price of diapers is a racket. I mean, seriously. It's not like you're going to go without them!

So, this time I decided to buy some wipes for my friend's shower. And, I don't ask any of my child-ful friends (unlike my child-less self) about what kind of wipes to get because, really, how many different kinds of wipes could there be in the world.

I, then, find myself at Walmart. I had a couple of other things to get on my list, so as I'm putting those in my cart, I'm thinking, "Where are the wipes? I don't think I've ever even seen them." I know that Walmart sells that sort of thing because, well, they're Walmart, but I don't ever remember seeing them. It's not like I've never been to this Walmart even - I should have seen them. Then I remember going there with Court to get baby food. "I wonder if the wipes are by the baby food," I think to myself. Sure enough, they were just a couple aisles away.

So, I'm standing there on the wipes aisle looking at a whole lot more types of wipes than I ever knew existed. There were all natural ones, ones with scent, ones without scent. There were a whole lot of brands too. I found myself just staring at the plethera of choices hoping that no one would come down the aisle and see me dumbfounded by the choice of which wipe to get.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, I decided to get the Huggies Thick and Clean type. Why you ask? Well, I recognized the name Huggies and I thought it would be nice to have thick and clean wipes. (Remember, I do have a poop story!)

I ended up leaving the aisle just laughing at myself. At least now I know where the wipes are if I ever have a wipe emergency. But I'm still not sure I got a good kind. Oh well, live and learn ... and then get Luvs! Man!

4 comments:

John and Laura said...

I agree, that is funny! Most of your childful friends would tell you "costco brand" or "whatever's cheapest." I'm sure the "thick and clean" wipes will feel luxurious on baby's bum! :)

Jenny Moore said...

Oh Ashley...you make me laugh!!
Diapers and wipes are indeed a racket!!!
Loved the story!!!

Courtney said...

A total racket! I love Huggies wipes, but I've caved on gone to the cheaper Costco ones. Funny story!!

. said...

Too funny! I feel your pain though... as I was buying diapers one time I had that dumb look on my face and finally caved and asked someone how you tell if the diapers are for boys or girls? Come to find out they are unisex! I felt pretty dumb!