Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's Go Back in Time

Let's all go back in time to about a month ago when my Mom and Grandma came to the beautiful northwest to visit.

Most of our visit was spent in Victoria, British Columbia. We got to stay in the Empress Hotel. If you have three people in one room, it makes it somewhat affordable.
The room was really pretty with a kind size bed and a sofa bed. Our view was great too. But, the whole hotel did smell somewhat like an old lady's house. That's Victoria Harbor. We could watch the sea planes come in, along with all the beautiful boats. (Floating vessels?)

Then, we were off to Butchart Gardens, which, as I've said before, is my Mecca. I love it there. I hadn't ever been there this early in the season, and while it was a little chilly (especially for the visiting family), it was still beautiful. Since I am the plant lady, you have to at least look at some of the pictures...

These flowers were on top of a garbage can. That just goes to show you how great this place really is!

And, just to prove that we really were there...

Another highlight of our Canadian experience was Afternoon Tea at the Empress. Before the gasps begin, I had a nice little pineapple-orange herbal tea. It was quite refreshing. You got little finger sandwiches, scones, and desserts. They weren't even English-type desserts, since they had sugar in them.
Ok, truthfully, some of the finger sandwiches and desserts were kind of yucky, but there was enough there that you could just ignore those and eat the rest. The scones were great and I especially liked the carrot and ginger finger sandwiches. Yum!

What a good looking group of tea-goers!

On the Empress grounds, there were these beautiful cherry trees that were completely in bloom. It was an awesome sight. So, of course I had to take a bunch of pictures.

Aren't they beautiful?

Once we got home from Canada, Brent made us some yummy homemade pizzas, then we spent the next day in Seattle before putting Mom and Grandma back on a plane. It was fun to have them here. We just need to talk them into coming a little later in the year next time. It really does warm up for about1-1/2 weeks in the summer!

Happy Mother's Day yesterday to all you child-full people. And happy Sunday to all you child-less.

Sorry if this is a weird post...I'm just feeling a bit off today. Haven't you ever had a day like that?

:)

6 comments:

Tina said...

Cool flower at the top!!

I bet Victoria is absolutely gorgeous in the springtime.

I can't wait for that 1 1/2 weeks of summer to get here. ;)

Mom said...

It was fun to be there. We had a great time and the weather wasn't even that bad (although cooooooldish)I would LOVE to come up for the 1 1/2 weeks of summer...don't think it will be in October however!! Sorry you are feeling offish (I am kind of the same!) Love your pictures!!! Especially the scrunch pictures...I look so good (ha,ha!)
Love ya!

Jess said...

Those pictures are amazing! What a fun, fun trip with your cute mom and grandma. I love all the "squish" pictures. Those are my favorites.

Glad you guys had such a great time!

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

I am so jealous you stayed at the Empress. It sounds like you had a great trip. I love all your flower pictures.

Courtney said...

Those were all great pictures! You're making me want to go to Butchart even more now!!

Julie said...

You got some great pictures. At first glance I thought the cherry trees were covered in snow! Beautiful!