Monday, June 01, 2009

The REAL News of the Day

Ok Court, I guess you're right...I do need to tell the REAL news of the day.

Ok, I'm ready...this is a bit scary.

I got a new calling yesterday. I am now the second counselor in the Relief Society presidency. Yep, that's right...Relief Society! That's where the grown ups go! Am I a grown up now? I don't think so.

I don't know why this calling has me all a dither. I'm trying to be cool and collected, but inside I'm freaking out just a little bit. It might help a little once I figure out what exactly the second counselor in Relief Society does. Then my planning and list making skills can come into play and I can start figuring out life.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Here's the crazy part. I have only been in Relief Society for about 1 year since Brent and I got married. The rest of the time has been spent in Primary or Young Women's. So...this should be interesting.

I have a super busy week this week...that hopefully won't get any worse. But I am going to be gone every night except tonight. I hope this isn't indicative of what my weeks are going to be like from now on.

Oh, and I had to speak yesterday. It was a stressful week.

If any of you have any advice, I am TOTALLY open to suggestions. I know that there is training on lds.org and I'm definitely going to do that. But...I need help!

Truthfully, amid all my freaking out, I am REALLY excited about this call. I'm excited to learn something new. I'm excited to get to know new people. I'm just excited.

So, there is the REAL news of the day.

And, thanks for all the sweet things you said about my last post. It wasn't intended to elicit so much praise, but I'll remember that the next time I'm feeling down.

:)

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Yeah for Ashley!!
That's awesome...you'll be a great asset to the RS!

I'm really glad that I am out of this Linton speaking loop!!! I'm safe because no one wants 4 hooligans on the stand!!!!

I loved your last post and you are funny so keep it up...we'll all keep reading!
Love ya!

John and Laura said...

Funny how we're put into callings that stretch us, huh? That stretching kinda hurts a little.

I'm excited for you. I think you'll do great. You'll bring lots of ideas and a different perspective to the presidency meetings and the enrichment planning meetings. And I might know someone who could offer insight into your new calling...

Listening to your talk on Sunday reminded how cool and collected you are in front of people. adults, even! :)

I'm rooting for you!

Courtney said...

Well, here's hoping you enjoy getting to be a grown-up for a while!! I haven't been in RS much either. Good luck! I know you'll do great.

Angel said...

It is always the callings that scare me the most that I learn to love the most. I am sure that you will grow into this and have an amazing time! Good luck!

Jess said...

Oh Ash, you will be the best! The RS will be the lucky one's now. I am sure the YW are a little bummed though.

You are so funny, witty and cute! Love ya tons!