Thursday, June 04, 2009

Utah in Pictures

I have a bunch of pictures that I want to post from our Utah trip, so I'm just going to post them. They are in alphabetical order, so...
Enjoy!
Jessica let me use her really nice camera. I now have camera-envy. Thanks Jess! (This is at Brent's mom's Hawaiian Luau birthday party)
Cute little Jayson. He is the sweetest little thing. And I'm loving his curly hair. He's going to look like a little lamb!
Here are Rylee and me at Hogle Zoo. I have to say...I was kind of disappointed in the zoo. I used to work there when I was a teenager and it has changed a lot. But...not always for the best. There didn't seem to be that many animals. I didn't even see any lions. What zoo doesn't have lions? I guess I got too used to San Diego Zoo.
Me, Jayson and Tayler. Jayson is pointing at the elephants. He really liked those elephants. It was really fun to hang around with these guys at the zoo. We just don't get to see enough of them. Tay and I really bonded. We decided while I was there that we would pretend my name was Ashley Tayler because her name is Tayler Ashley. Kind of silly, but cute.
Good old Brent. This is at the Luau...you could probably tell that by the Hawaiian shirt and lei, but...
One of the good improvements at Hogle zoo was a carousel. Unfortunately, they had to take out he hippo house to build the carousel. That hippo house has a lot of memories for me. The biggest one was when my mom almost dropped me in the pool with the hippos. That couldn't have ended well.

Thanks, Marcela, for taking this picture. Reyes is the one with her back to the camera. She is not a camera fan. You can hold up the camera, call her name, she'll look at you, then when she sees the camera, she'll turn away. Good thing the back of her head is cute because that's pretty much all I could get. Tay is waving.

Hi Jess!

And, finally Rylee. She told me that she wanted a zebra for a pet. That would be fun. I want to come over and play with your pet zebra!The whole kid crew at the zoo. One of the improvements they've made to the zoo since I have been there is the entrance. It is very pretty. They still don't have lions or polar bears, but it looks nice when you walk in.


I finally get a picture with Reyes looking at the camera and she has her tongue out. Great.This is the new Draper Temple that just opened in, well, Draper. It's right up against the mountains. The day we were there, the wind was coming out of the canyon and it was COLD.


Thanks, Mom and Dad, for taking me on a temple tour! Here's little Eli. He just turned 1. He got this baseball game for his birthday. It's pretty amazing how he knows what to do with it. He just loves it.


He also has that great bandaid on his forehead to cover the 7 stitches he got while they were in Utah. He fell. Poor little guy. That's a lot of stitches for such a small head!


This is one of the reasons we came to Utah...other than to see all our great family. Brent's mom sent him an email saying, "Now, you're suppose to get hot water out of the hot water heater every time you turn on the hot water, right?" That being true, Brent soon realized that the hot water heater needed some replacing. Brent and Ryan got it in and working. Good job guys!

I just love this picture. I call it "I can do that." Isn't it cute how the littler kids look to the bigger kids and do what they do? I know this picture is kind of dark, but it's too cute. It's from the new aquarium in...I think...Sandy. It's called the Living Planet Aquarium. It's kind of small, but good for little kids. I think this is a cute picture because Reyes kept looking from her stuffed Nemo to the real one saying, "I love Nemo."


Oh, that reminds me of another Reyes story. When we were getting ready to go to the zoo, I was talking to her about the animals we would see there. I said, "Reyes, are we going to see tigers?" She would say, "Yeah...they love me" while doing this little dance. Then I would ask, "Are we going to see elephants?" To which she would say, "Yeah, they love me." This went on and on until I got to "Are we going to see crocodiles?" And she replied, "Yeah..." they she looked down and said, "They don't love me." What a cutie!


All the fun people at the zoo. Once again, the back of Reyes' head is very pretty.
Ok, that's a lot of pictures and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through. I guess I'm going to leave those for another post.

My busy week is almost over. Hooray! Have a good one!

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

I love all the pictures Ashley!
That was such a fun get together...wish we could do it more often!!:)

Love ya!

Jess said...

What fun pictures! We had so much fun at the zoo and all the other times we got to see you. I wish we could do it every few weeks :)

Glad your busy week is almost over. Hooray for that!!