Friday, June 05, 2009

Ok, that was funny!

Last night I had my very first Relief Society presidency meeting. What I learned from that meeting is that there are a lot of people I don't know in our ward. So, I'm excited to get to know them. But...here's the funny thing that happened.

On Wednesday night, we had an Enrichment Meeting where we planted marigolds in pots. The point, I was told later, was to take them to people who might need a little pick me up. So, Thursday afternoon, the Relief Society president called me and asked me to find out if we had any extra marigolds and we could take them to people when we go visit them. I found the extra ones and took them to the church. Since it was 91 degrees (YUCK!), I didn't want to leave them in my car, so I just put them under a nice shady tree.

When I came out of the meeting, I looked over to the tree and the marigolds weren't there. I thought maybe I was looking at the wrong tree, but there were no marigolds under ANY of the trees. That's right, someone took the marigolds!

Way to go with my first official act as a relief society counselor. I just had to laugh.

Now, I'm switching my hats and going to the YW Leadership Overnighter for camp. Ahhh...YW's...where I know what I'm doing! It will be fun!

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

What? Stealing from the church?? That is pretty funny.

Good luck with the new calling. :)