Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blueberry Fields

Let me take you down cuz I'm going to...blueberry fields.
Ok, those aren't exactly the words, but that is what we did the other night for Family Night, with Brad, Court and the kids.
In Tacoma, there is this blueberry park where you can go and pick blueberries for free. I guess it used to be a blueberry farm that went out of business so the community got together and kept the bushes going.
Aaron wanted to get in on the action too. Unfortunately, he didn't exactly understand that you were suppose to pick the ripe ones.
This is what I look like from a 10 year old's height. I think she'll be taller than me by the time she's 12, but oh well.
Chloe and I picked blueberries together. We did a good job. She would scrunch down and get the ones under the bush and I would get the ones...well...not on top of the bush, but at least in the middle!


Such a good boy...92% of the time he doesn't complain about having his picture taken.

We kept thinking that we had found the middle of the blueberry patch, but then we'd find more, and more and more.


Don't you just love how his feet are turned all weird. I think he was trying to pose for the camera.
Sarah brought a friend...she's such a tween!

We ended up with about 5 lbs of blueberries. Those are small little berries, so that's a lot of fruit. It was a fun night, but it sure made you appreciate just going to Costco and getting a bunch of blueberries.

I made blueberry syrup today. What I learned from that experience is that it takes A LOT of blueberries to make syrup. And, it takes a lot of time. Hopefully it's good though. If so, I'll share the recipe.
:)

5 comments:

Tina said...

Fun times! I should have just linked my blog to yours and saved some time. :) I actually used the word tween in my post too.

Jenny Moore said...

Yummy!!
I love that Brent is good 92% of the time!!!

Jess said...

I can't wait to hear if it turns out (which I was sure it will). Did you make blueberry muffins too.

Cute pictures!

Katie & Jared said...

Cayden would have had a blast picking berries! He has a new found love for blueberries. What a fun day!

. said...

Fun times! Love blueberries!