Friday, August 28, 2009

What Did I Do This Week?

As you may or may not know, Brent once again abandoned me this week because work wanted him to go to Connecticut to look at a boat.

So....what did I do this week while Brent was in Connecticut? Did I waste my time and do nothing? Did I have a party?

Oh no I did not.

I worked on a bulletin board at church...
It's for the Enrichment Meeting coming in September. The title is "Finding Happiness Eternally." And the theme is Family Home Evening. (Catchy title, huh?) Once I got the right supplies, the bulletin board turned out good. Now I'm just hoping the Enrichment Meeting is ok.

I also burned my finger...

on the stupid oven while I was getting ready to...

Bottle what ended up being 17 jars of pears!


Beautiful, ain't it? Brent's mom reminded me that the next step is now to see if they taste good. Oh yeah! That would be nice, wouldn't it?

I took about 10 trips to, sorry to say, Wal-mart, to get supplies for the canning. (Sorry Mom, Fred Meyer didn't have what I needed.)

Now, there are 50 lbs of peaches in my basement that need to be made into something. And, some blackberries in the fridge as well.

I also got to hang out with Court and the kids. (Thanks for the help with the pears)

I got a ride to pick up the fruit with Laura and the kids. (Thanks for the ride)

And I have eaten out WAY more that usual because I just don't want to cook for one. And I don't really want to go to the store either.

So, no, I have not wasted my time alone. But I am so looking forward to him getting home tomorrow. It gets a little quiet around here. Not that he's much of a talker, but ... he's still nice to have around.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Great week!

Your bulletin board looks awesome. (Is it bad to say that it really needed to be changed?) :)

Your finger does not look awesome. Looks like Tori's did after the roasted starburst incident. Hope it heals faster than hers (still) is.

Great job on the pears...so not looking forward to that. I'd rather just leave town and pretend they aren't there. :)

Jenny Moore said...

You go girl...slow down you're making the rest of us look lazy!!!
Your bulletin board turned out so cute, very creative!
Your pears look great but there is nothing better than fresh fruit, I'd have been eating it all too!!!
Sorry about your finger...ouch.

Julie said...

Sorry about the burned finger Ashley- that looks mighty painful!

Way to go on all your projects- good for you!

Enjoy those pears, blackberries, and peaches for me!

Mom said...

The bulletin board looks nice and colorful! The pears look great, too. I am proud of you. Glad you did it and you don't take after me (hee,hee) Sorry about your finger...it sure looks sore. I will try to forgive you for going to Walmart...it will be hard though. Glad Brent is home!
Love you

Jess said...

Those pears do look beautiful! I am so impressed. I haven't canned a single thing this year, lAzY! I am very proud of all that you did, except burn your finger. That hurts for a while too.

Cute bulletin board. Love the title. Very clever!

Glad Brent is home (or almost home). I am sure he will be glad to see you too.

Love ya!